GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Typical Interstate Speeds

MKSeven

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti, duh.
Used to drive 5-10 over but got Statefarm drive safe and save device and if I go 7 over it dings my score so now I have to accelerate, brake, and take turns MUCH slower... I’m basically neutered in my GTI to driving like a Prius now. But hey lower insurance and not getting a ticket is nice. Kinda sucks I don’t get to experience my car like I want to but I guess I’m a better driver and not in a hurry like everyone else these days. 😶
Bro, you got the wrong insurance lol. (Jk, state farm is a really good insurer, but their prices are absolutely beyond me...)

cb1111

Bro, you got the wrong insurance lol. (Jk, state farm is a really good insurer, but their prices are absolutely beyond me...)
Yes, State Farm is crazy expensive. I had them for my house because they were the only ones to insure a house with an underground oil tank. After I moved, I switched back to USAA, but got a quote from SF just for the hell of it - identical coverage but nearly double the cost. Their car insurance prices are equally insane

MKSeven

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti, duh.
Yes, State Farm is crazy expensive. I had them for my house because they were the only ones to insure a house with an underground oil tank. After I moved, I switched back to USAA, but got a quote from SF just for the hell of it - identical coverage but nearly double the cost. Their car insurance prices are equally insane
Absolutely correct. When my family dropped home insurance from SF, they decided to raise my car insurance by $100, which was the last straw for me. Now I'm with Geico. Maybe I'll switch to USAA if I am able to. My dad's grandfather was in the military and said that he may be able to bring me on with USAA. USAA seems to offer way better insurance than anyone else in my state. Geico is relatively cheap, but I wish they would offer some sort of gap insurance for my car. I would go back to State Farm if they had reasonable prices though.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Geico was cheap, but for me only about $15 cheaper per month than State Farm. Geico also screwed me over big time on a car repair that was messed up by the body shop and they refused to step in and help. I had to end up taking the body shop to small claims court. Left Geico immediately after that.

For my full coverage with State Farm I’m only paying about $125 a month. Not bad, IMO.

MKSeven

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti, duh.
Geico was cheap, but for me only about $15 cheaper per month than State Farm. Geico also screwed me over big time on a car repair that was messed up by the body shop and they refused to step in and help. I had to end up taking the body shop to small claims court. Left Geico immediately after that.

For my full coverage with State Farm I’m only paying about $125 a month. Not bad, IMO.
Oh yeah, that was another reason I was planning on leaving them. Someone damaged my moonroof, and it had to get repaired, I preferred VW because they would give me the updated version and what not. But apparently Geico wanted to stop paying for repairs after a certain limit, and I was pretty salty about that. I think I had to pay the remaining which was a lot. VW and Geico also said everything was settled, but I guess something went astray, and I ended up paying for like over half the repairs on it. Still pretty upset about that now that you bring it up. I'll be shopping for new insurance once this one lapses. I didn't change because they were giving me the COVID discount which is nice I guess. But all that money could have gone elsewhere on my car. :/

MKSeven

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti, duh.
USAA is hands down the best insurance company ever. GEICO might be a hair cheaper but much harder to work with.
That's what I figured, my gets such good deals with USAA :( I do not like car insurance out here at all. Sometimes I wish I could move to a more quiet town. :(

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
All three GEICO quotes I've gotten over the years were hundreds more than I was currently paying. Screw you, cartoon limey gecko.

JakeySan92

Car(s)
2017 GTI SE W/ PP/LP
I actually had a Prius c before my Gti and it was great on gas but I needed something quicker.. previous was a b5 Passat and it had a tune so I figured why not go back to VW. I’m actually contemplating taking the device out and just paying the higher rate of 115 instead of the $100 I pay now for full coverage since I’m paying it off in a few months and rates will go down as well. I accelerated too fast today and got dinged picking my S.O. up from work and got yelled at “stop driving like a maniac! What’s gotten into you!”. ... I think I need a passenger mod 😅

MKSeven

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti, duh.
All three GEICO quotes I've gotten over the years were hundreds more than I was currently paying. Screw you, cartoon limey gecko.
"Fifteen minutes could save you 15% or more on car insurance" In conclusion, that was a lie.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I work in infrastructure technology on the Tollroads. People drive fast in general; its impossible to get around just doing the speed limit. You will get rear ended or cause an accident for doing so!

In work zones, people get even more impatient. Last week some kid jumped a median going 110mph and hit oncoming traffic head on, no joke.

When we have a closure going on showing the speed limit is reduced to 55 mph, fines blanlabla and we are testing out a new vehicle dection system, the measured speeds on 50+ test subject cars are typically 10-20 above the normal speed limit.

And not to mention this is while every other person i see on the road is on their phone lol

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
USAA is hands down the best insurance company ever. GEICO might be a hair cheaper but much harder to work with.

Have you ever filed a claim with them? My neighbor backed into my car and they were terrible to deal with. I'd rather pay marginally more for state farm.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
I have state farm, and as I remember it, they were least expensive vs geico, all state, etc.

All insurance is still a lot where I am, even in the lowest risk group.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
I've generally been very happy with USAA for banking stuff....always very helpful when you call, and it's nice to talk to someone that speaks english. I did my first insurance claim with them not too long ago and wasn't super impressed though. Maybe it was just the agent assigned to my claim. Was a pain to deal with... I did call in a couple times and talked to other random agents and they were helpful, though. At the end of the day it worked out, so whatever.

cb1111

I actually had a Prius c before my Gti and it was great on gas but I needed something quicker.. previous was a b5 Passat and it had a tune so I figured why not go back to VW. I’m actually contemplating taking the device out and just paying the higher rate of 115 instead of the $100 I pay now for full coverage since I’m paying it off in a few months and rates will go down as well. I accelerated too fast today and got dinged picking my S.O. up from work and got yelled at “stop driving like a maniac! What’s gotten into you!”. ... I think I need a passenger mod 😅
Why would your rates go down once you've paid off your car? Unless your credit is so bad, that paying off a debt will significantly improve your score, there should be no difference. In addition, insurance companies only review accounts periodically on a fixed schedule every couple of years.