GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TWIN REVERSE LIGHT / NO RED FOG DIY

POLARBEAR666

Ready to race!
To get rid of the red fog just take the back of the lights off and remove the clipped in red fog bit. Then remove the clear clip from other side to match and carefully stick the discs back in.

Here is DIY for twin reverse/ TWIN Fog lights. Either way they both come on nicely when in Reverse or in Rear fog mode. Thanks to the people who inspired this by posting pics of their own efforts - MK5Sportline

POLARBEAR666

Ready to race!
blackgti06 said:
Hey now the way you set it up. Can you turn the reverse lights on any time you want or just when you put it in reverse?

When in reverse

AND

If I select rear foglight to come on both lights come on.

blackgti06

"My Fast"
Car(s)
2006 MKV Gti
Nice. So i would have to setup the rear fog in order to use the euro switch to turn them on with out putting the car in reverse?

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
I will probably be doing this in a few weeks, thanks for posting.
subbed

NotNormal

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
(sold)GT 170 Diesel
You can, with vagcom, select either two fog's or two reverse lights, much simpler.
All you have to do is remove the red lense

DeanCorp

Ready to race!
You can, with vagcom, select either two fog's or two reverse lights, much simpler.
All you have to do is remove the red lense

I'm confused. Does that mean I can keep my existing light housing and all I need to do is remove the red cap from the RHS light (In Australia RHD). Then go into VCDS and set that option?

I don't need to buy the US R32 housing?

easydubbin

every day i'm dubbin it
super buuuump!

if you don't have a euro switch, then you need one of those and vag com to program it correctly.

no further vag com is required if you already have a euro switch with rear fog functionality. all you're doing is removing the red cap in one of the tail lights, and splicing the white wire from the now white fog light into the harness of the other already white reverse light.

this way, when your reverse light is turned on in reverse, your rear fog lights up as well, giving a dual rear reverse.

ALSO, when you flip on the rear fog, your reverse light will light up, giving a dual rear fog.

one mod, two changes :thumbsup:

dubbin

All in, All out..
Car(s)
09 GTI
i should really do this so i can utilize my euro switch to the max. just me and splicing wires is never a good combo..

mike_diaz

Car(s)
Golf MkV 1.9 TDI
To get rid of the red fog just take the back of the lights off and remove the clipped in red fog bit. Then remove the clear clip from other side to match and carefully stick the discs back in.

Here is DIY for twin reverse/ TWIN Fog lights. Either way they both come on nicely when in Reverse or in Rear fog mode. Thanks to the people who inspired this by posting pics of their own efforts - MK5Sportline

Bringing back this old thread.

What happens if I use rear fog light and reverse at the same time using this DIY?

I mean does the voltage will hit twice voltage on the bulbs?