GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I am in a similar boat to OP. For years I was a pretty diehard weekend warrior when it comes to detailing and Meguiars was doing really well in that segment. Love their Ultimate line, but the Liquid Wax let me down last time. Applying and removing was a pain compared to some Mothers stuff I had used previously.

Started looking into the hybrid ceramic solutions and was thinking I'd try the Griots new one or Meguiars, but was shocked to see how many YouTube videos came to the conclusion that the TW performed and lasted better. I was always told previously to avoid TW. They seem to be turning it around. Think I'll pick up a bottle today for my upcoming spring cleaning.

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...2-P?navigationPath=L1*14919|L2*14989|L3*15432

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I've been using meguiars ultimate fast finish. It comes in an aerosol can which is a bit different, and you spray it on the microfiber instead of the car. Seems to work well though. A little goes quite a ways too. It's one of the few products I don't go through a ton of. I could probably wash my car once a month and use fast finish after each wash for a year before it ran out. That's pretty good for that little can it comes in.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I've been using meguiars ultimate fast finish. It comes in an aerosol can which is a bit different, and you spray it on the microfiber instead of the car. Seems to work well though. A little goes quite a ways too. It's one of the few products I don't go through a ton of. I could probably wash my car once a month and use fast finish after each wash for a year before it ran out. That's pretty good for that little can it comes in.

I bought a 32 ounce bottle of Meguiars Quik Detailer (before the Ultimate version was released). I use it as a drying aid after my regular washes. I feel like I'm never going to run out haha.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I bought a 32 ounce bottle of Meguiars Quik Detailer (before the Ultimate version was released). I use it as a drying aid after my regular washes. I feel like I'm never going to run out haha.

Yea, a lot of the stuff I've used I feel like I can only get about 4 washes from it before I run out. The fast finish can is only 8 ounces, but the stuff lasts. You hardly even feel like you're applying anything, but the results show when it rains. The longest I've gone without using it has been 2 months, but water was still beading and rolling off really well.

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
Really liking TW Ceramic Wet Wax for a drying aid, was using P&S Bead Maker prior which is also good, both priced well. The gallon size is nice with Bead Maker.

Can’t go wrong with Meguiar’s professional line, pretty much a staple

reverend_sean

Go Kart Champion
The ICE Seal n Shine is impressive for how well it works, how inexpensive, and how easy to use it is. Now I want to try the Fusso Coat Soft99

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
One thing I found out is it works best when I wipe it off with one microfiber, then spray with water and wipe with another microfiber, then finish with another dry one. Otherwise it’s really hard to get a clean surface without an oily film. The damp microfiber really gets that film off that I struggled with with just a dry wipe.
I had the same issue with one of their other spray waxes years back. Was super slick but a pain to actually use.

Theres so many good options though. The graphene does look promising.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I tried the TW Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating this past weekend. Did the first application on Sunday after a wash, clay, and polish. Let the first coat cure for 24 hours per the instructions and then put the second coat on last night. We'll see how long it lasts (bottle is saying a year with the two coats), but it was really easy to work with and looks great. Also, the smell is fantastic haha.

Already did a longer post here, so I'll just crosspost:

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...venali312s-oem-gti.343666/page-8#post-7452028

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Works great for me! Wash and decon. Give it a paint correction after a clay. Spray the hybrid ceramic. Wait a day. Wash and dry again. Apply second coat.

7B029EF2-E599-410C-8501-4310CD7E3CBD.jpeg
13B32494-81F5-4B52-BEA5-B62458F1BAB9.jpeg
41869F5B-EB5B-44C2-B5F5-5FA874B34923.jpeg
F692374C-13EA-4007-9C11-762829364613.jpeg
6E8BDF94-3DCD-41AD-84E2-7658ED76451D.jpeg
DA852641-4A65-42A3-864B-D8CC373C94B0.jpeg
09E287D4-CD8C-4AD8-B4AF-A056E81E99F4.jpeg
59FEBF52-5FB7-43E7-BF7D-3E1C5557AAF2.jpeg

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I tried the TW Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating this past weekend. Did the first application on Sunday after a wash, clay, and polish. Let the first coat cure for 24 hours per the instructions and then put the second coat on last night. We'll see how long it lasts (bottle is saying a year with the two coats), but it was really easy to work with and looks great. Also, the smell is fantastic haha.

Already did a longer post here, so I'll just crosspost:

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...venali312s-oem-gti.343666/page-8#post-7452028
That’s exactly how I do it. So far, the cars that sleep in the garage are now (9 months later) not showing the same great hydrophobic properties. It’s clear that the product is still protecting but water is sheeting heavily. I’ll be reapplying on Sunday.

the cars that sleeps outside, at 4 months the hydrophobic properties took a gnarly hit.

I’m happy with the product

RMinNJ

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI S
Let us know if you get water spots on any of those cars My TW Hybrid Solution produced bad water spotting on 3 cars. Im still baffled how it allows water to etch through but still beads like its there.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Let us know if you get water spots on any of those cars My TW Hybrid Solution produced bad water spotting on 3 cars. Im still baffled how it allows water to etch through but still beads like its there.

That makes me not want to try my bottle at all and just order Seal n Shine lol

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
It’s an issue with sio2. It etches water spots easily. When I bring the cars into the garage, if they’re wet I hit em with a leaf blower.