GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Turbo PSI

GolfUberAlles

Ready to race!
Hello,

I am a newbee to this forum. In the past I was a diehard Volkswagen fan with my last VW being a 1994 Golf III. At that time I had a lot of issues with the VW from Pueblo Mexico's quality. Now a Subaru driver, I am serious thinking about coming back to "The Fatherland". I have a few questions?

What is the turbo boost of the GTI?

Do the front headlights have sprayers that pop out the bumpers?

Is the 'new' Golf's engine a 16 valve? :burnrubber:

Danke

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
Welcome. Hey GolfUberAlles what kind of Suby do you currently drive now?

GolfUberAlles

Ready to race!
JJ-R32

That's low boost. Would it be possible to just bolt-on a larger turbo without making some major mods.?

Imagine a Golf5 with 19psi of boost. 300HP sounds like it is easily attainable.

Oh, one more question. Is the new Golf equipped with a limited slip differential?

My current car is a 2003 Subaru Legacy SE Wagon. I have a need for German speed!!:evil:

Neimad

Passed Driver's Ed
GolfUberAlles said:
Does anyone know what the new Golf5 tranny is capable of as far as HP max.?

Does it really matter how much it can take? Simple fact of the matter is that even as stock it will struggle putting the power down if the road conditions aren't favourable. Front-wheel drive cars aren't the way forward if you're interested in big numbers -- for that you have to look for rear or all wheel drive.

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
GolfUberAlles said:
Wow!! I keep thinking of questions.

Does anyone know what the new Golf5 tranny is capable of as far as HP max.?

:help:

I don't think anyone really knows just yet. Only time will tell.

GTI2007

I've found this on the site of B&B. The Stage I was talking about is the EVO R Stage with 350 HP and 450 Nm (333 lbs/ft). What they do to get it is to bore out your engine from a 2000 cc to a 2200 cc and then I guess everything else that stands on the EVO Stage list

Attachments

• B&B Golf GTI 2.0 TFSI Stages.jpg
    B&B Golf GTI 2.0 TFSI Stages.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 938