GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Turbo Blankets

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
I mean you should just go ahead and cut a check to the team at the University of Texas. Their test already posted in this thread shows that in a far more controlled setting than any of us can realistically hope to create that a turbo blanket leads to improved spool and lower temps. You can be pedantic and claim the exact test wasn't conducted on a EA888.3, but a turbo is a turbo and the same benefits apply.

MyGolfMk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
B5 S4, Mk7 GTI
Can't disclose that, but I'm certain it's not a recently introduced practice.

Ok. I think you're mistaken about there being a turbocharger, APUs are turbine engines. Using insulating wrap on the engine makes sense, but using an aircraft APU as an example for why the blanket makes sense on a centrifugal turbo has some shortcomings.

I mean you should just go ahead and cut a check to the team at the University of Texas. Their test already posted in this thread shows that in a far more controlled setting than any of us can realistically hope to create that a turbo blanket leads to improved spool and lower temps. You can be pedantic and claim the exact test wasn't conducted on a EA888.3, but a turbo is a turbo and the same benefits apply.

"$100 to the person who proves that it improves spool up or lowers IATs on the GTI."

I didn't ask about the results that were obtained with a diesel engine on a test stand.

Read further down the page.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
"$100 to the person who proves that it improves spool up or lowers IATs on the GTI."

I didn't ask about the results that were obtained with a diesel engine on a test stand.

& I bet you'll still complain that the GTI is "not exactly like mine"....

the basics of turbo design & operation apply no matter if a big diesel or a small petrol engine....same for thermal dynamics...

you're just being a TROLL.....