GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tuning help

drdfblackm

2007 FSI motor 132K miles

I just finished a huge project/rebuild. Timing belt, tensioners, accessory belt, flap delete, HPFP IE internals, Evolution Motorsports Intake, Golf R intercooler, 34 Draft Designs Catch can, CTS throttle pipe, ECS 3" catted downpipe, Billy Boat 3" exhaust, CV boots (all of them), suspension and springs, sway bars, and other misc things.

So I am sure I am going to want a tune. I was thinking of Eurodyne and get their Maestro tuning suite but not 100% sure. Honestly I am not really wanting to do much more than put a tune on this car and call it good. Looking for maximum performance/fuel economy. 91 octane is all I have available where I live and really no tuning shops so to speak.

Recommendations? Thoughts?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Just buy an off the shelf stg2 tune. Giac, APR, Unitronic.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Since you have the HPFP upgrade...do a stage 2+ tune. Or if a tuner has what they call a stage 2 and it requires the HPFP upgrade...then do stage 2, LOL.

Were you thinking Eurodyne so to have the ability to load yourself rather than a long drive to a tuner Dealer?
I believe Unitronic and maybe REVO have self loaders.

Unitronic has UniCONNECT+ ; https://www.getunitronic.com/ecu-tuning/Volkswagen-Golf-GTI-2-0-TFSI-2006-2008-200hp-stage1

Closet Unitronic dealer;
Lesueur Car Company
1109 E Curry Rd, Tempe
AZ, US, 85281
Telephone: 480-968-6611

REVO has (SPS-serial port switch): https://www.onlyrevo.com/product-details/software/volkswagen/golf-v/15/stage-2-plus

Closet revo dealer;
Ollie\'s Autohaus
Postcode:85260
Telephone: 623-606-0031

GIAC;
Tuning Gruppe
557 E Juanita Ave Suite 1
Mesa, AZ 85204
Telephone: 480-789-3367

drdfblackm

Exactly....I mean on my previous MK 6 I went to Dynocomp, but for this one I was just trying to do things myself. I mean no it's not a long drive to PHX from Flagstaff, but would rather do from the comfort of my garage since I am trying for canned tune.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Yes, then Unitronic stage "2-HPFP or 2+" and Eurodyne stage 2 have a base tune you load yourself. I am still unaware of how REVO loads initailly. You could contact one of the REVO dealers to get answers. I am also unaware if GIAC and APR have developed self-loading options for the MK5.