GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TT/S3 alloy arms & swivels Thread

mikeh6

Excellent.

Before I go order parts I just want to double check what I all need.

b6 passat control arms (are they all aluminum, or are they only the arms off a certian model passat?)

These right?: http://genuineaudiparts.com/partloc...2050&callout=2&catalogid=1&displayCatalogid=0

Anything else? Would I just use the bushings off the gti control arm?

Appreciate the help!

interested as well. also are these the same at the tts lca's?
and would using these work with the arms
http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_VI--2.0T/News/MKVMKVI_Polyurethane_ControlArm_Bushings/

Halvie

WOOSA
Also, if replacing with passat arms what bolts need replacing? Do I just get bolts for the GTI, or bolts used on the Passat? Any clue on part numbers?

Halvie

WOOSA
Fancy a rear alu. spindle :biggrin:

FWD
3C0 505 433 K
3C0 505 434 K

AWD
3C0 505 433 G
3C0 505 434 G

Has anyone done the rears? Do they fit? How much weight savings?

ryeboy

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm running the passat aluminum control arms on my Gti. I can confirm that they bolt up exactly like the stock steel arms and do not alter the track width at all. The passat control arm bushing (housing) cannot be used as they, like the TT bushing are shaped differently.

Any idea what are the weight savings from the Passat aluminum control arms?

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
Any idea what are the weight savings from the Passat aluminum control arms?

Its significant. The aluminum arms weigh almost nothing, the steel arms seem around 8-10 each. That's my scientific response from holding both in my hands!

Goshawk

Passed Driver's Ed
Talguy, just be aware that you can't use the Porsche Cayenne brakes in conjunction with S3/TT/Passat aluminum spindles.

The mounting points on the aluminum spindles are thicker than those of the stock steel Gti spindles.

I don't know if this problem can be resolved by simple altering the offset of the rotor hat. But, if it can, this should definitely be xola3que's next project.:wink:

So, this is an issue both front and rear? What will be the BBK option with this in mind? I can see some of the Golf R crowd looking to do this mod too, and I may be one of them.

-P.

Halvie

WOOSA
anything else on the passsat that is aluminum and can be swapped over besides spindles and front lower arm?

ryeboy

Passed Driver's Ed
Waiting on the spindles, but will try to figure out the weight savings when they get installed.

Sounds good. On an impulse, I bought salvaged Alu Passat spindles and control arms for $400 shipped. There were lower priced options out there, but I was too lazy to spend more time on it. I'll also weigh them once I get them.

telaio

Ready to race!
Its significant. The aluminum arms weigh almost nothing, the steel arms seem around 8-10 each. That's my scientific response from holding both in my hands!
Would these work on a R32?

ps. did you receive my PM about the titanium shims?