TT-RS control arm bushings.

HYDE16

Ready to race!
Copied from their Vortex threads / posts:

We would like to announce that we have recently launched our
GROUP BUY: TyrolSport Master Brake Cylinder Bracket Group Buy and 10% Off Sale

HYDE16

Ready to race!
I made this for you guys, this could be a great supplemental guide for those that are rebuilding their subframes with the TyrolSport deadset kits or even when replacing OEM bolts. They can now determine which new OEM bolts to get and torque specs.

zap

Ready to race!
For you guys who want solid rubber bushings cheap. There are also oem Audi A2 solid bushings, part number 8Z0407183 (14 euro each)
and Lemforder 2713501. Its considered better quality than Febi. Good luck to find them

Bought these A2 bushings, but seems be be shorter than the control arm (0.6cm shorter) though diameter is the same. Can it be installed still?

dweezel

febi 33973

If anyone is looking for a source of the solid bushes, I bought mine here : http://www.allgermanparts.co.uk/common/home based in Leeds Uk

Can't fault the quality of the parts, I believe they are genuine parts with the vw and audi logos removed. I bought solid bushes, passat lower arms, ball joints, top mounts and bearings way cheaper than it would have been from the stealers. Transformed my car, it is so tight now.

Carl

dub*man

Ready to race!
Before I realized you can't buy these direct from Audi I called my local Audi dealer asking for the TT-RS bushings.

I was given the part no. 1k0 407 182

What are these, if not the TT-RS bushings?

Also, if I order from Micks, can I get 4 for both front and rear or will these only fit in the front?

Thanks in advance!

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Mk.V 2008
I was given the part no. 1k0 407 182

What are these, if not the TT-RS bushings?
Do a simple google search and you'll see it's just the front position bushing,
which is already the same on all PQ35 cars including Golf and TT. It's the big
rear bushing which makes the difference. Get the Febi.

dub*man

Ready to race!
Do a simple google search and you'll see it's just the front position bushing,
which is already the same on all PQ35 cars including Golf and TT. It's the big
rear bushing which makes the difference. Get the Febi.

Thanks! How many of the TT-RS bushings do I order? Im unsure if they were to fit both the front and rear.

vlkswgnbgmn66

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Fahrenheit GTI #473
Only the rear bushings on the front control arms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Bump this thread helped me today. Got my Febi bushes from Amazon UK for $50.37 shipped.
Edit- for another $30 I can have the black Whiteline bushes (W53196)...hmm.

Last edited:

vath

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 GTI
Bump this thread helped me today. Got my Febi bushes from Amazon UK for $50.37 shipped.
Edit- for another $30 I can have the black Whiteline bushes (W53196)...hmm.
Did you end up with the Whitelines? I'm doing a front suspension refresh and I'm considering these... Also, do these have to be glued in?
I just did H&R Touring Cup Kit with Audi TT strut mounts and new VW ball joints... But before I do tires and alignment I wanna get rid of the cold speedbump squeak of the front bushing and improve the rear bushing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I did get those Whiteline bushings and they are amazing. Once you get the old ones out they press in by hand. No glue needed.

vath

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 GTI
Just ordered them off amazon, thanks.... Any advice on the front bushings? I hate it when there are so many options on ECS... I imagine the stock 1K0407182 replacement will do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
My front bushings looked great, not sure you need to touch them.

vath

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 GTI
i think that's where my speed bump squeak is coming from (front bushing).... I guess i could investigate more.
Any squeaks with your Whitelines?