GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TSI Intake Manifold Removal DIY + Valve Cleaning

im bad fishy

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
09 GTI
i do not, and everything looks hooked up from what i can tell. ill try to find someone with vagcom tomorrow

Update*** one plug didn't fully clip. So make sure you hear a clip when you plug everything in. Just cause its in doesn't mean it'll work haha. Damn thing.

Last edited:

im bad fishy

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
09 GTI
So... I did this a couple weeks ago and my light is still on with the same damn p2015 code. I got it cleared yesterday but it came back on 15 minutes later. Anybody know why this might be?

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
It's the intake manifold...did you replace it?

fierce bad

Ready to race!
So... I did this a couple weeks ago and my light is still on with the same damn p2015 code. I got it cleared yesterday but it came back on 15 minutes later. Anybody know why this might be?

That sucks. I figure I am destined to do this in the future, as I have already had mine replaced twice under warranty. Now that it is no longer under warranty, it would have been far more reassuring to have read that everything turned out well with your experience. I would hate to do all that work and not solve the problem. Good luck.

im bad fishy

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
09 GTI
Turns out I'm not the only one to have this problem. Other people had it over on vwvortex. Even when the dealer did it which makes me feel better. Seems it is a vacuum line. Will update if I find out more.

Volk sWagr

Ok here it is, I ended up spraying the whole thing Grey. Not what I wanted at first but I still like it, I had stopped half way threw because my dog was having puppys..... She had a heart attack and passed away as I was driving her to the Emergency Vet
http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1321&pictureid=5774
So I loved your idea so much that I am in the process of doing the same.... I hope you take it as a compliment. I will post pictures of it completed. I am taping mine off, which I can say is really difficult to tape all those skeleton/shell like raises. I have already spent atleast 2 hours taping and probably have another hour to go.

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
I did a ton of research before I attempted mine. This was the best video Ifound. Good camera work, shows every step clearly.

Check ahead of time your bit will clear through the manifold to access the bottom 2 bolts. Watch out for the injector harness when reinstalling, it gets in the way and stops the manifold from seating cleanly. Need to hold it down while putting on manifold. And you need to run an adaptation through VCDS afterwards. I didn’t, and the 2015 code kept coming back. Adaptation stopped it.