GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TSI Intake Manifold Removal DIY + Valve Cleaning

dleej30

Ready to race!
will do for sure, its gunna be hard to put her all back together though... i took pics of each piece before and after removal but my phone crashed this morning and now i have 0 pics on it. and yes i tried everything to recover, my micro SD card is nuked now also. I know im more than up to the challenge but seriously SOB!

dleej30

Ready to race!
Last edited:

dleej30

Ready to race!
Well I was about to cut her open myself but my wife insisted Bree would make it. I drove 45miles in just under 17 min to the emergency room for animals, well Bree was long gone and one puppy had a heart beat the doctor said he believed the dog to have sufferd from not enough oxygen and we should let her go too. So pretty shit day yesterday thats why I have been knocking out all the work today.

My wife had her 2 months before we started dating, hell yesterday when she started labor I was the one to wipe her poops as she started contractions. Just suck day! I cant wait for next year!

Thank you though.... I want to get my wife another but i dont wanna disrespect my old dog's memory....

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
That's a real shame. :frown: That much sadder that her litter didn't make it.

My ex's dog passed away this week as well. I spent all of last weekend trying to keep him alive, so I know what you've gone through. I'd love to see her get another dog, as I know it would brighten her mood (and she's a great dog-mom), but, like with you... it's too soon.

Anyway... I hope you both feel better soon. And now, back to manifolds, I guess!

dleej30

Ready to race!
Please lol.....

I used a Ceramic Grey Duplicolorspray paint for engine blocks, and obviously used adhesion spray prior that was also Duplicolor band. I like it it looks nice, I wish I had more time on it though. I wantd to leave the ribbing on the intake mani black and paint the body only. I just may go through and hand paint letters on it now, then clear coat it. But not sure if I want to put TSI on it or MKV or both or put WOLFSBERG on it. Hmmm I may do all three MKV - TSI in smaller letter and WOLFSBERG in bigger letter on the intak mani closer to the front end.....

dleej30

Ready to race!
Side note, I let my car build fuel pressure off and on for about 20 min. It started right up and was a tad bit louder, any clues to why its louder? My exhuast i mean, and my intake i can hear it almost whistle now and I could never hear it before only my wife could. I did add a TOP last week and a BSH throttle pipe today with the mani.

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
It's entirely possible that the TOP and throttle pipe could change the sound, I'd guess, as they certainly change the airflow characteristics. My car sounded a little different after I added my TOP, but I also swapped the IC (S3) at the same time. Startups are usually louder, too.

And another sidenote... I'd hate to see you go to all that work painting on the lettering, and misspell "Wolfsburg". :wink:

dleej30

Ready to race!
True, i would copy the badge on the side of one of the front fenders for that lol. Typing i don't spell check as often as I should, I'm a 35yr old student in college, i tend too be lazy when I'm not writing a thesis or some form of un enjoyable writing lol.

dleej30

Ready to race!
Thank u steelcurtain this DIY has assisted me greatly i have tremendous power from my car now It's a night and day difference.

dleej30

Ready to race!
It sucks, Bree was my familys first pet. But thank thank you. On the lighter side i have put 110 miles on since the mani R&R and the car runs so damn well. I can hardly believe I got used to the lack of power I had, what a HUGE difference.

Nataraki

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'92 BMW 318i
sub'd. for later, thanks for the DIY:thumbsup:

im bad fishy

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
09 GTI
Just did this now my car won't start any ideas? It acts like its not getting gas. Can't smell any. But gas is running threw the fuel rail

Last edited: