GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TSI GTI to TSI Sportwagen

MKV Aaron

Form Follows Function
Car(s)
Golf R
The MKV sportwagen debuted in 2009 and was avialable in all 3 engines (2.5, 2.0T and TDI). The 2.0T was dropped for the 2010 MKVI sportwagen (which we know was just a refreshed MKV) leaving just the 2.5 and TDI engines.

So in actuality, it could have been any of the 3 engines.

'09_TSI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'09 Sportwagen
The MKV sportwagen debuted in 2009 and was avialable in all 3 engines (2.5, 2.0T and TDI). The 2.0T was dropped for the 2010 MKVI sportwagen (which we know was just a refreshed MKV) leaving just the 2.5 and TDI engines.

So in actuality, it could have been any of the 3 engines.

Just to add to what MKV Aaron stated above the 2.0T was ONLY offered in the SEL trim which was at the top of the product offering which is why VW didn't sell many '09s with the 2.0T.

They are sort of a rare bird. I've been looking for the "right" one for several months and at any given time there are only 10-15 for sale across the entire country. :wink:

'09_TSI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'09 Sportwagen
The DP will for sure fit. Cat back probably not. Amped to see this. Sell the cat back and get a custom set up.

Me too!!! From my research I'm 99.9999% sure a CB from a GLI/Jetta should fit the Sportwagen. IF that's the case my plan is to sell the EuroJet CB I have on the GTI and buy the EuroJet GLI CB to mate up to my EJ DP.

I made an offer on a Wagen today hopefully this will happen sooner than later.....stay tuned :happyanim:

Outrider6

JSW 2.0t SEL

Me too!!! From my research I'm 99.9999% sure a CB from a GLI/Jetta should fit the Sportwagen. IF that's the case my plan is to sell the EuroJet CB I have on the GTI and buy the EuroJet GLI CB to mate up to my EJ DP.

I made an offer on a Wagen today hopefully this will happen sooner than later.....stay tuned :happyanim:
I'm lucky. I picked up a used 6MT that I bought before I ever saw it. Full story of mine is on Vortex in the JSW thread. Project Storm Trooper...

A 2.0t JSW will take a MK V 2.0t exhaust. The EA888 engine is awesome in the JSW. The JSW isn't much heavier than a Jetta (~80#) and the weight is in back where it's best placed. The JSW SEL isn't a full GTI/GLI, but most anything that's missing can be added on. This is also one of the few times I can think of where the US market got the best version of a particular model.

Hope this works out for you. It's a great car and you should really enjoy it.

Last edited:

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
I'm lucky. I picked up a 6MT that I bought before I ever saw it. Full story of mine is on Vortex in the JSW thread. Project Storm Trooper...

A 2.0t JSW will take a MK V 2.0t exhaust. The EA888 engine is awesome in the JSW. The JSW isn't much heavier than a Jetta (~80#) and the weight is in back where it's best placed. The JSW SEL isn't a full GTI/GLI, but most anything that's missing can be added on. This is also one of the few times I can think of where the US market got the best version of a particular model.

Hope this works out for you. It's a great car and you should really enjoy it.

Mind posting a link to said thread? Sounds like a nice car.

'09_TSI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'09 Sportwagen
Mind posting a link to said thread? Sounds like a nice car.

Outrider6 has a sweet SEL:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5802608-Project-Storm-Trooper

A 2.0t JSW will take a MK V 2.0t exhaust

I know the downpipe will mate up fine, but more specifically my question is will the GLI catback fit the JSW? I have a Eurojet turbo back on my GTI now so ideally I'd like to just sell the catback and buy the Eurojet GLI catback for the JSW. :wink:

'09_TSI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'09 Sportwagen
JSW 2.0T FTW!!!

If all goes to plan I should have this little jewel sitting in my garage in a week or so. :happyanim: Just have to wait on it to ship across the country. Fingers crossed that it looks as good in person as it does in the pictures.

2009 SEL 2.0T - Reflex Silver
42K Miles
DSG
Thunderbunny/Votex Body Kit
Pano
Navi
Leather

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Looks great! Love it with the Thunderbunny bumper. Definitely looks more aggressive than your average JSW.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
I think it'd look amazing with a slight drop and some MKV .:R32 wheels for a clean OEM+ look.

'09_TSI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'09 Sportwagen
I think it'd look amazing with a slight drop and some MKV .:R32 wheels for a clean OEM+ look.

You read my mind :thumbsup: Probably going to go with set of STs or a cup kit. Still haven't decided on wheels yet. I think a set of the ED35 wheels would look nice against the Reflex Silver.

Attachments

• ED35 Rims.JPG
    ED35 Rims.JPG
    369.8 KB · Views: 632

Outrider6

CAT-Back

... ideally I'd like to just sell the catback and buy the Eurojet GLI catback for the JSW. :wink:
The '09 Jetta and the '09 JSW take the same catback. Even the later JSWs take the catbacks from the appropriate corresponding MK V Jetta. (e.g. an '09 2.5 Jetta sedan catback fits on a 2012 2.5 JSW)

Last edited: