GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TSI GTI to TSI Sportwagen

'09_TSI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'09 Sportwagen
I'm considering buying a '09 Sportwagen with the 2.0 TSI and swapping some of the add ons from my '09 TSI GTI over to it before selling the GTI. I have few questions for the experts:

• EuroJet DP will it work?
  • Will a GLI Cat Back work with the Sportwagen?
  • Could I swap the Revo S2 ECU over to the Sportwagen?
  • Is it possible to swap a GTI steering wheel with paddle shifters into the wagon?
  • Possible to swap OEM BiXenons into the Sportwagen?

I have a Vag-Com and various other interior and exterior small pieces to swap over as well.

Thanks for any help

Bodhi

Go Kart Champion
I'm considering buying a '09 Sportwagen with the 2.0 TSI and swapping some of the add ons from my '09 TSI GTI over to it before selling the GTI. I have few questions for the experts:

• EuroJet DP will it work?
  • Will a GLI Cat Back work with the Sportwagen?
  • Could I swap the Revo S2 ECU over to the Sportwagen?
  • Is it possible to swap a GTI steering wheel with paddle shifters into the wagon?
  • Possible to swap OEM BiXenons into the Sportwagen?

I have a Vag-Com and various other interior and exterior small pieces to swap over as well.

Thanks for any help

1. I don't think so.
2. I don't think so.
3. Yes/no, you probably won't be able to swap, but i'm sure you can work a deal out with REVO so you only pay labor.
4. Yes
5. Yes.

'09_TSI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'09 Sportwagen
EuroJet seems to think the down pipe will bolt up fine but they are unsure of whether or not a GLI catback will work. Called APR as well and they were zero help on whether or not a GLI exhaust would fit a Sportwagen. Told me to refer to their website and if it wasn't on the website then it probably won't work :thumbdown:

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2009 GTI DSG
I never knew there was a tsi wagon...

Crispy21

Banned
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
EuroJet seems to think the down pipe will bolt up fine but they are unsure of whether or not a GLI catback will work. Called APR as well and they were zero help on whether or not a GLI exhaust would fit a Sportwagen. Told me to refer to their website and if it wasn't on the website then it probably won't work :thumbdown:

No suprise on APRs response :smoking:

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Just go underneath the car gli and wagen and see if it looks like same exhaust. Measure of course.

'09_TSI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'09 Sportwagen
Just go underneath the car gli and wagen and see if it looks like same exhaust. Measure of course.

I would but the car I'm looking at is CO and I'm in NC...LOL. 2.0T Wagens are sort of rare....closest one too me for sale is 3hrs away so I'm trying to do all my recon via the internets. :wink:

'09_TSI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'09 Sportwagen
I never knew there was a tsi wagon...

Yep, 2009 MKV SportWagens were offered with a 2.0TSI in the SEL trim level. Internet speculations say only 3500 or so were produced. Most came with the DSG and a few have a 6MT. Sales were so low that VW stopped offering the 2.0T as an option after 2009 in the SportWagens.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
That'd be a very cool car to buy. I had no idea the Sportwagen had anything other than the dumpy 2.5 and TDI options. Stage 2 wagon would be almost as much of a sleeper as a Stage 2 Tiguan. I bet it would handle well, too, since it probably has better weight distribution front to rear than a GTI (guessing this, since the wagon has moar ass).

Tr!tan!um

Schnellen geher!
Car(s)
2008 GTI, white
Seen a few mad looking wagens with a GTI front end swap. My grandpa had a CW TDI with blacked out tint lol. Pretty ballin for a 75yo.

I'm sure you already know this, but they changed the front end mid way through. The new style has different lights.

MKV Aaron

Form Follows Function
Car(s)
Golf R
Seen a few mad looking wagens with a GTI front end swap. My grandpa had a CW TDI with blacked out tint lol. Pretty ballin for a 75yo.

I'm sure you already know this, but they changed the front end mid way through. The new style has different lights.

2.0T was only available with the MKV front.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
2.0T was only available with the MKV front.

Interesting. This means I've only ever seen one of these on the road. I saw a JSW with a mk5 front about a year ago. I'd assumed he'd replaced the mk6 front end with the mk5 grille etc. but sounds like it must have been a TSI sportwagen.