GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TSI APR stg 1 Dyno Video (with APR & Revo FSI)

Sourkraut

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI
My club (www.cteurospec.com) teamed up with another CT club (LV Dubs) to cruise down to Swift Motor Sports for a Dyno Day. I took my camera along to catch the footage to share with you guys. Here are just the MKV's from that day:

http://vimeo.com/2326723
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzI5lgolCzk

Thoughts? I know it seems high...cold weather? is it because I'm running 17" wheels? Is TSI THAT much better? :fighting0030:

Thanks a lot to everyone at Swift Motor Sports for the discounted Dyno runs!

Go APR! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

kimchi29

Go Kart Champion
is that 252 on a dynojet?!!

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
i don't know why people think DD dynos give conservative numbers. i did like 275HP on one this summer, hot day auto crossing for a while before the pull. probably would have been higher as they couldn't get the torque to read high enough.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Well, if the baseline TSI engine is doing 207whp, then that's about right that it's ~20whp higher on Stg 1 than a FSI Stg 1 because I've seen a bone stock Passat 2.0T 6MT dyno the same day as me with 190whp, 207wtq. That's about 20whp difference between 2 stock ones.

Were they all dynoed the same day? Colder weather definitely has better results as long as the air is dry, but if they were all dynoed the same day it won't matter.

Cryptic1911

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008.5 GTI
damn.. good numbers! i should take a trip down to swift and get dynoed myself

rysskii3

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
Well, if the baseline TSI engine is doing 207whp, then that's about right that it's ~20whp higher on Stg 1 than a FSI Stg 1 because I've seen a bone stock Passat 2.0T 6MT dyno the same day as me with 190whp, 207wtq. That's about 20whp difference between 2 stock ones.

Were they all dynoed the same day? Colder weather definitely has better results as long as the air is dry, but if they were all dynoed the same day it won't matter.

where did u get 207whp? do some searching and u will see that tsi dynoes about the same at fsi
OP should go to a different dyno and see what he gets

maybe the dyno convers the numbers to crank??? but 252 on stg1, no way i call BS

jerd

Ready to race!
Dude great video!! I don't understand how you got those numbers but evidentally you did.... so congrats! I couldn't pull more than 240ish with my list of mods on that same dyno....If you continue to mod up your ride than your numbers should jump to another atmosphere....c u soon