GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Triple resonators, cat-less system

EL_3grab

Beast from Middle East
As the cat-less with the last two resonators are way loud for me, what's your thoughts about triple MagnaFlow resonators with 3inch piping??

I'm using ATP down pipe btw

Cheers

Last edited:

ChongivityAct

Banned
stop complicating yourself.

CalBoyTex

Banned
Car(s)
2006 GTI
in order for you to get ur exhaust more quiet, you are going to need to put on a cat.. A cat isnt bad for ur car.. get a Highflow cat.. or a race cat..

ChongivityAct

Banned
yea man 200 cel is the best i believe.

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
As the cat-less with the last two resonators are way loud for me, what's your thoughts about triple MagnaFlow resonators with 3inch piping??

I'm using ATP down pipe btw

Cheers

3 resonators is going to be very restrictive, and defeat the point of a high-flowing exhaust. I don't really see the point. I think you would be better with a resonator and a cat. What do you have against using a cat?

EL_3grab

Beast from Middle East
3 resonators is going to be very restrictive, and defeat the point of a high-flowing exhaust. I don't really see the point. I think you would be better with a resonator and a cat. What do you have against using a cat?

I've always thought that resonators are less restrictive than even higher flowing cats. Our cars come with a cat and 2 resonators, think of it as replacing the cat with a resonator. The cat's job is restricted for emissions (& no need for that), not for deadening the sound, as I understand. Don't forget it will be a 3 inch piping with triple let say straight through resonators.

Cheers

ChongivityAct

Banned
put 4 resonators just to be sure and let us see some dyno numbers please

EL_3grab

Beast from Middle East
Ok here its, I'm taking it step by step

Starting with the ATP DP

And copying techtonics tuning cat-back design, but with 3 inch piping

If it still loud to my taste I will get 20-24inch length 4-6inch round center to center inlet/outlet resonator and weld it the same place as the stock cat.

:thumbsup:

Last edited: