GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TrapTap

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
seems like crappier version of a radar detector. Mine has gps built in and you can download updates as far as red light cameras too, I'd rather have it built in to the radar detector vs a stand alone. Perhaps for some of the states where radar detectors are illegal then I can see some interest in this.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Very Interesting! :thumbsup:

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
seems like crappier version of a radar detector. Mine has gps built in and you can download updates as far as red light cameras too, I'd rather have it built in to the radar detector vs a stand alone. Perhaps for some of the states where radar detectors are illegal then I can see some interest in this.

Adjectives are important for understanding intent. "Crappier" is not an adjective I would use to describe the technology this uses. It makes me think you dismiss the technology behind this product, which imo you shouldn't. Community based detection is not new, and has saved me when a radar detector didn't. I have not come across a radar detector that updates on it own, has a community based detection system, and standard features a radar detector has.

The issue I do take with this is, if nobody uses it then it is basically useless for detecting traps in real time. It needs a user base, and the more competition there is in this market, the more divided the community help will be. The solution would be a common community across all devices/software.

Sleeping Forest1

Ready to race!
dis is wat i use

this has saved me many times going from san fran back to LA on the 5. :happyanim: especially when you can tell the car in front of you is using waze, because when you see him hit his brakes as the the app says there's a police a head, it giving me some extra space to slow down, it's a win/win.