GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Transmission problem mk5 rabbit

Its_ivant

Sorry i know i just posted a recent one, but one day I went to go on a drive and i was out for about an hour. Just went around my neighborhoods and a little path I go around my city. Im gonna be honest I was doing a good amount of pulls. I was in sport and all of a sudden my gear shifts down sooner than normal so i was like okay? I drove to the next red light and my car wouldnt shift the gears, the rpms would go to 6000 to shift, and usually it shifts at 3-4500 rpm in sport. When i would brake it shifted down a little harder than usual as well. I figured I needed a transmission fluid change, so thats what I ended up doing, but it couldve been my transmission overheating, anyone know of this problem? sorry for so long

Its_ivant

Here we go, writing again about my trans... I was coming off the freeway and my car was fine ya know? I’m going thru 1st, 2nd and 3rd but when I get to fourth, it’s like as if I’m in neutral and it will just rev up. Once I let my foot off the gas, it switches gears and drives fine. But it’s that 4th idk what’s happening. Was thinking about DSG swap, anyone have ideas?

BurgerGuy

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'07 K04 GTI
If it is actually DSG and not a standard automatic w/ tiptronic then you could try having a shop/dealer reset the learning and clutch adaptation on the transmission.