GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Trailer for the BBC Top Gear series

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R

I can live with this. I will miss the previous cast tremendously, but it looks like the series reboot will still be entertaining -- much more so than Top Gear USA.

codespyder

Ready to race!
It looks promising. Cinematography looks to be as gorgeous as ever. I like that Matt LeBlanc is a huge change from the previous hosts. He seems very dry but witty and keeps his cool.

Not sure about Chris Evans still but glad to see that they kept the footage of him puking. Newspaper reports jumped on that to say that he didn't have what it took to be a host, but I'm glad they're running with it and having a bit of fun with that.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
I don't know the full story of the puking incident, but bear in mind that he was riding shotgun with Sabine Schmitz -- she can probably make most people puke if she drives a fast car fast! :p

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Ready to race!
This looks better than I expected.

It's funny that they keep playing this up as a direct competitor to Clarkson's new show on Amazon; I think most gearheads can find a second hour somewhere in their week for a second well produced car show.

So you're telling me that Clarkson punched someone and now we have TWO Top Gears?

Are you all thinking what I'm thinking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

codespyder

Ready to race!
I don't know the full story of the puking incident, but bear in mind that he was riding shotgun with Sabine Schmitz -- she can probably make most people puke if she drives a fast car fast! :p
There's a lot of backlash against Chris Evans amongst certain Top Gear fans and the media. Paparazzi caught him puking and they used it to say that he's not ready.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
Personally I think it adds to the show to have a human side. Now, if the guy throws up in every episode, the critics might have a point...

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner

codespyder

Ready to race!
Matt LeBlanc is pretty good. Surprisingly good.

But Chris Evans needs to stay off the cocaine or whatever he was on because he was just insufferable.

cldlhd

Go Kart Champion
This looks better than I expected.

It's funny that they keep playing this up as a direct competitor to Clarkson's new show on Amazon; I think most gearheads can find a second hour somewhere in their week for a second well produced car show.

So you're telling me that Clarkson punched someone and now we have TWO Top Gears?

Are you all thinking what I'm thinking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 9 year old son said he won't watch the new Top Gear only the new show on Amazon but as I started watching the 1st episode of the rebooted Top Gear as he was going to bed he said "save this til tomorrow". A promising sign I'm raising him right and as you say most will find time for both unless they have a real problem with a host on one or the other.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Matt LeBlanc is pretty good. Surprisingly good.

But Chris Evans needs to stay off the cocaine or whatever he was on because he was just insufferable.

You have found a fantastic way to say what I was thinking. He was so all over the place that he seemed to be the first AND third host. I watched half of the first episode. Got to the star in car and I quit. IMO the whole thing seemed like a lot of try too hard...

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
I only caught the most recent episode of Extra Gear. I had read that Extra Gear was much better than the new Top Gear itself, and to skip the latter and only watch the former.

I don't know if the episode I saw was an outlier, but I thought it blew. I assume that was because Chris Harris wasn't in it.

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
Are you getting the new Top Gear now?

Its come under a lot of criticism from peopld and press here in the UK. Most I believe is unjustified. Chris Evans is very 'marmite' you either love him or hate him, there is no middle ground. People are confusing their dislike for the person rather than the content of the show. The contents is very similar to the Clarkson version.

codespyder

Ready to race!
Chris Evans is gone and not a moment too soon. Leblanc, Reid, and Chris Harris should be the trio moving forward.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk