GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Traded in my GTI for something else German...

Ryan T.

Passed Driver's Ed
Might need to let this go. He has no credibility from his comment and is simply jealous because he cannot afford a Bimmer. This guy either hasn't driven a 3 series or has not driven a Camry. There only similarity is being sedans. Comparing the Camry and Bimmer to each other is like comparing kettlebells to dumbells. Both weigh 70lbs but are completely different when used. The Bimmer is a completely different experience from a Camry

The 3 series is quite good, not the most wowingly awesome car ever. Just a very good one that is consistent. It is still probably the world's best sedan!

Congrats on the purchase Ryan. I hope you enjoy your new Car

Definitely. Thanks :thumbsup:

stuck24

so?
Car(s)
GTI FSI
congrats OP. Regardless of BMW losing the mantle of ultimate driving machine, the 3 series is a brilliant car and would be on my short list of sedans if I were in the market for one.

BTW: A loaded GTI, either mk6 or mk7 costs near 30,000 Euros in Europe. Pretty pricey overall.

A BMW 3 series STARTS below that figure.

I bring this up because interior quality and materials should be nearly equal in both cars, and in reality, the case is true.

Tis why we always brag about our superior interiors. What the ignorant masses don't realize is that the GTI is really a pretty pricey car loaded up in Europe and is cross-shopped by small engined 3 series Euro buyers; hence, the quality interior we get at a very reasonable $25k.

Lucky#Slevin

Go Kart Newbie
For a 240hp fairly basic camcord feeling sedan, I think it's a silly purchase and would not ever consider it. Who says I'm not in the same financial standpoint? Just because I don't want to get a basic trim BMW for $50k doesn't mean I couldn't. For that kind of outlay I'd want something a lot better than an I4T.... just sad really.

seriously one of the dumbest things i have ever heard on any car forum. calling a benchmark sedan which all car manufacturers want their vehicle to be like a basic accord camry.. down right laughable :bellyroll:

Said like a complete fool.

Basic trim BMW's are $35k, $50k is pretty much loaded.

There is no better automatic sedan on the market for less money.

^THIS

Yeah buddy good for you you've got a Mustang. CSB, my dad has one too - who gives a fuck?

this statement explains alot.. 19 yr old lil hater!!!

I was comparing the overall driving feel to that of a camry because it feels like one... very removed driving experience - but hey that's just my opinion!! Never compared it to a GTI as they're totally different beasts.

^ 2nd most ridiculous statement... couldn't be further from the truth young'in.. :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh:

sethdude

Pobody's Nerfect.
As a former e92 328 Xdrive owner, I'll offer the following:

The BMW is great when it's under warranty and you're getting BMW loaners while the car is in service.

The BMW is an utter piece of shit when it's out of warranty and requires a $1,000 repair every month-and-a-half.

In fact, the only thing I miss about mine is the heated steering wheel. Aside from that, (modern) BMW can suck it.

McQueen77

Banned
:clap:Yeah a Camry and 3 series totally drive the same.

jansonchan226

Banned
F30 with m sport pack is the only car I would consider selling my GTI for on the market right now. Congratz on the car!

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
congrats OP. Regardless of BMW losing the mantle of ultimate driving machine, the 3 series is a brilliant car and would be on my short list of sedans if I were in the market for one.

BTW: A loaded GTI, either mk6 or mk7 costs near 30,000 Euros in Europe. Pretty pricey overall.

A BMW 3 series STARTS below that figure.

I bring this up because interior quality and materials should be nearly equal in both cars, and in reality, the case is true.

Tis why we always brag about our superior interiors. What the ignorant masses don't realize is that the GTI is really a pretty pricey car loaded up in Europe and is cross-shopped by small engined 3 series Euro buyers; hence, the quality interior we get at a very reasonable $25k.

Euro 28675 GTi start before options
Euro 29050 320 base before options

Right off both German sites. At a dealer most Gti are 36000 euros+. Germans have a myriad of choices vs the Mcdonalds style package ordering forced on US clients.

Most people I know hold BMW as an upmarket premium brand vs VW. The cross shop isn't as prevalent as you believe in Germany with BMW viewed as a significant cut above VW.

6MT_GTI

Ready to race!
As a former e92 328 Xdrive owner, I'll offer the following:

The BMW is great when it's under warranty and you're getting BMW loaners while the car is in service.

The BMW is an utter piece of shit when it's out of warranty and requires a $1,000 repair every month-and-a-half.

In fact, the only thing I miss about mine is the heated steering wheel. Aside from that, (modern) BMW can suck it.

You missed to say "as a former INEXPERINCED e92..."

I've had 4 Bimmers 2006-2013 and not a single problem with either one.
Yes, they are pricey, but not overpriced.

A $30k for a GTI is also no cheap at all. His 328 is $15k more than my Autobahn and has 20% more HP/ 45 more TQ, RWD, better handling, balance, Brakes, etc.

OP, beautiful car, I am possibly thinking to go the same direction.

sethdude

Pobody's Nerfect.
You missed to say "as a former INEXPERINCED e92..."

I've had 4 Bimmers 2006-2013 and not a single problem with either one.
Yes, they are pricey, but not overpriced.

A $30k for a GTI is also no cheap at all. His 328 is $15k more than my Autobahn and has 20% more HP/ 45 more TQ, RWD, better handling, balance, Brakes, etc.

OP, beautiful car, I am possibly thinking to go the same direction.

What does this even mean? Owning the car doesn't give me ownership experience? How can an owner of a car be inexperienced, short of having just bought the car yesterday?

I've owned other BMWs- a 2002tii and an E30. I can speak definitively about owning BMWs from different eras, and can use that experience to state the my E92 was in the shop constantly (oil filter housing leaks, valve cover gasket leaks, steering column failure, timing tensioner, coils, etc. etc.). And that was a 328. 335's suffer all of this, plus HPFP failures, turbo failures ("rattle of death"), etc.

My E30 odometer stopped working. In 10 years of ownership, this is the only failure. The paint was shot by then, rust had started to move in on the wheel arches, the seats had split, but it never needed anything other than maintenance.

I obviously like BMWs. But to deny that they have reliability issues with the current line-up is just silly.

3ics

Ready to race!
I don't care for the interior design or how it "felt" when I looked at it. I think the accent red or blue line in the sport models does not add character, but makes it seem cheaper.

For the record, I love BMWs, but not the new designs lately. I will admit the 4 series is growing on me, but the interior details kill it for me.