GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TPMS does not connect to car after winter

petrivyaroslav

Hello everyone.

I’ve had an issue - my gti has direct TPMS. When switching to winter wheels set I did not put sensors on it. So half a year they were in my flat.
After I switch back to summer wheels set, car just does not recognize them.
Furthermore, respective adjustments on infotainment screen disappeared! I’ve had adjustments of tires size, “set” button and others.
When I opens “Car” screen and select tire pressure screen, it just shows “launching system” icon.

Can somebody help me with that? I’ve had a conversation with dealer regarding this issue and they have said that they don’t know solution for this.

Надіслано із мого iPhone за допомогою Tapatalk

H

Huntermike

Your sensors are most likely asleep. Drive around the block and try again. Since the Mk7’s in the states don’t have sensors mounted in the tire, you may want to ask in another forum.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
As far as I know, we don't have tpms sensors in the wheels, at least in the US. So it doesn't matter.

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
USA Gtis use ABS to measure the tire when properly inflated. You go to car button until you see the status screen, would display errors on this page. Picture of the car then left or right arrows to change tab to set the tire pressure. Not many mechanics can figure it out either

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

petrivyaroslav

Well, it is matter, because I have sensors.

I’ve drove 500 km and they did not awake.

I have a TPMS light on a dashboard and in infotainment I can open tire pressure screen but it shows “launching” icon and spaces near actual tire pressure. In options screen many settings disappeared

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie

I have a TPMS light on a dashboard and in infotainment I can open tire pressure screen but it shows “launching” icon and spaces near actual tire pressure. In options screen many settings disappeared

How old's the car?

petrivyaroslav

With that attitude, you're not going to get any help...

I’m sorry for that, don’t want to be rude.
But I’ve already tried all possible solutions.
By the way, today I noticed that TPMS screen disappeared either on my dashboard (I have virtual cockpit, aka aid).

Today I’ve also tried to blow all tires - no results. It seems that problem in car, not in sensors.
I will try to reset this system using vcds.
By the way, using obdeleven I cannot access tpms module, it is inactive but present within other modules

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

I guess I should have been more specific. Your tires don't have tpms sensors. It uses the abs to measure different rotational speed and figure out if a tire is low. So what I meant was it didn't matter which wheels and tires you use (unless they have a different diameter, then it'll take time for system to adapt)

This link has some good information. I know there's probably no solution for you there, but maybe good to understand how it works.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7098

That being said, I have had issues when using different diameter wheels and tires and it didn't clear up for a while. No reason I can think of why it self resolved. I know Teemy was having similar issue and he we thinking it might have to do with his MIB2 retrofit.

Could be something wrong with your abs as well. Not mechanically savvy enough enough to give you more info than that.

Might also be good to post a picture of error message you're getting

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
I guess I should have been more specific. Your tires don't have tpms sensors. It uses the abs to measure different rotational speed and figure out if a tire is low. So what I meant was it didn't matter which wheels and tires you use (unless they have a different diameter, then it'll take time for system to adapt)

This link has some good information. I know there's probably no solution for you there, but maybe good to understand how it works.

That being said, I have had issues when using different diameter wheels and tires and it didn't clear up for a while. No reason I can think of why it self resolved. I know Teemy was having similar issue and he we thinking it might have to do with his MIB2 retrofit.

Could be something wrong with your abs as well. Not mechanically savvy enough enough to give you more info than that.

By what he wrote it seems like he has direct TPMS, and not the ABS thing.

OP, please upload a scan of your car so we can see the problem.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie

His tires do have TPMS sensors in - it's a different system, and is capable of showing the PSI of each corner rather than just flagging up a flat tire.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Tried researching ROW and most showed they use indirect system as well. Guess should never assume