GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Toyota Ditches Current Lineup, Goes RWD Only

trd420

Go Kart Champion

Toyota, long lambasted by enthusiast press for making boring economy cars, has just announced plans to cancel the Yaris, Matrix, Corolla, Camry, Prius and Avalon and replace them with a lineup of rear wheel drive sedans and coupes. The worlds largest automaker announced the plans to completely revamp their lineup after CEO Akio Toyoda drove a GT86 at Fuji Speedway Tuesday. "The car was fun" he said. "It handles better than the others. I want all cars to be like this."

The Corolla is planned to be replaced by a small car based on the GT86 platform, while the replacements for the Camry and Avalon will use a modified, short wheelbase version of the Lexus GS platform. Further, Toyota announced the Prius line will be replaced with a compact, rear wheel drive diesel station wagon. All cars are planned to offer manual transmissions as standard across all trim levels.

In an effort to make the cars appeal to young people, a wide array of TRD parts will be available from the factory on all models to increase customization. No word yet on exactly how extensive this factory parts catalog will be, but parts are said to range from shocks and springs to turbochargers and ECU reflashes. All TRD parts will reportedly be covered under warranty.

Reports from deep within Toyota also suggest a high end sports coupe project is in the works, reportedly dubbed "2000 GT". We currently have nothing more to report on that project, although our source says it will be "fucking beautiful".

We'll let you know when we have more information.

PS: I have worked for Toyota for the last 5+ years and have been told from up top this is 100% True ;)
\

That 4door frs that they have been talking about will be the next corolla

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
If thats true..... I just shit on my pants..

I mean seriously, all these cars were making money already... and when all those model turns into RWD
they will be the king in the market..... Prius with FRS platform RWD... that will be like "cheaper" tesla...but handles better.

theburningclutch

Ready to race!
Wait, is this a late April fools joke?

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
golf
Wait, is this a late April fools joke?

ya it would never happen....look at the main toyota vehicles in terms of sales...

camry, corolla, etc...never would be rwd cars...tooo much money in investment and why when they are still competing as the #1 in america...would be stupid on their part

maybe scion will make the switch due to who they target their cars towards, but not toyta for that very same reason

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
what. in. the. hell.

McQueen77

Banned
wow