GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Toureg?

Clown Fish

Passed Driver's Ed
How do people feel about the toureg? The hybrid is too expensive so I'm looking at the diesel and the regular V6. Most likely going with the V6 but when is the new variant coming out - the next Mk (x) of it? I don't want to buy a new car only to look old in 2 years.

Has anyone had direct experience with it? Q5 better?

Thanks in advance.

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
The Q5 and the Touareg are very differnt SUVs...V6 in a Touareg is absolutely pointless mainly because the TDI is simple amazing. The re-designed Touareg lost lots of weight so the TDI moves the mass effortless (test-drove TDI but not the V6). The Q5 is in a different class because it is more sport than utility. Haven't driven one but I assume the V6 supercharged they now offer really does wonders in the "sport" category.

FYI both of these cars are beautifully designed so I doubt they will look old after 2 years. For example...the Audi A5 dates back all the way to 2007 (2008 model year) but it looks just as good now as it did 5 years ago.

Clown Fish

Passed Driver's Ed
The Q5 and the Touareg are very differnt SUVs...V6 in a Touareg is absolutely pointless mainly because the TDI is simple amazing. The re-designed Touareg lost lots of weight so the TDI moves the mass effortless (test-drove TDI but not the V6). The Q5 is in a different class because it is more sport than utility. Haven't driven one but I assume the V6 supercharged they now offer really does wonders in the "sport" category.

FYI both of these cars are beautifully designed so I doubt they will look old after 2 years. For example...the Audi A5 dates back all the way to 2007 (2008 model year) but it looks just as good now as it did 5 years ago.

Disregarding the typo in Touareg haha I think it is a great truck. this is for the woman so I didn't even look into the diesel. However, this is something that I want to / will test drive when I get a chance. Could be a game changer

thanks for the comment

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
Yea no prob...plus the TDI is rated 20/29 (versus 17/23 V6) which is even better than the Tiguan...but...a female driver would probably prefer the Q5 for the smaller size

GSXR

Passed Driver's Ed
Disregarding the typo in Touareg haha I think it is a great truck. this is for the woman so I didn't even look into the diesel. However, this is something that I want to / will test drive when I get a chance. Could be a game changer

thanks for the comment

Definitely test drive both versions. I read some review on Car and Driver (I believe) that said the TDi was the one to have because the suspension worked best. I didn't understand that because I thought the V6 and the TDi had the same suspension?

I drove the TDi Touareg a few weeks ago and was sorely disappointed in the handling. It just floated a bit more than I liked and it just felt HEAVY. Powerwise, the TDi felt strong. I floored it a ton and the trip meter was saying that I was averaging 17 mpg! If I wasn't flooring it, I'm sure it would've been around 23 mpg. The ride was comfortable and interior was pleasant. I wanted to buy one but two things held me back - handling and price. At $54k for the TDi Lux was just a bit hard to swallow.

I priced out the Q5 2.0T premium plus for around $47k. I have yet to drive it but from all the reviews I've read, this a great handling SUV. The interior is much nicer than the Touareg although it is smaller. Also Audi doesn't discount their cars much not at all like the VWs. I'm actually holding off on trading in my wifes SUV. I drove it the other day and it was not bad at all. It's just getting a bit old at 8 years.

BTW, I also looked at the X1 and X3 but not feeling their interiors.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I'd go Q5 its a great SUV.

Draz

Ready to race!
After test driving the new Toureg TDI, I must admit that I'm in love. Great power and torque and the handling for being that big of a SUV was pretty good. :wub:

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
Car(s)
2010 Tiguan 4Motion
Wait for the Q3.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
I think the current Toureg just dropped this year so if you buy it now you won't have to worry about a new platform dropping for another 4 or 5 years.

Yeah, it's a newer model for sure, must be 2012 or 2013 only or so. I think even the original ones still ook pretty decent. It's hard for me to think about huge SUVs, I would never own one... but I'm sure it's a nice ride.

I'm kind of biased against the Q5 because the president of the small company I work for's 16 year old son drives a brand new one and I can barely afford a GTI haha... But that's another story.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
V10 TDI Toureg. DO IT. This is seriously on my radar for a next vehicle.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI