GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Top Gear USA

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
Guess this could be the thread for it.

Its been a while but just saw a random commercial and the new season starts tommorow 2/14 at History at 9PM Eastern.

Hopefully the chemistry is a bit more fluid and am interested to see how they change up the show this season.

SRT2GTI

Banned
Hopefully they do more new car reviews opposed to how much horse shit can an 87 BMW hold. Some of the challenges they do are entertaining, but they get old quick.

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
I still absolutely cannot take the hosts. The first few were atrocious. I've seen bits here and there since and it doesn't seem to have gotten that much better. I'm glad TGUK is back on.

I love these old TGUK episodes too, they're great

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
Top Gear UK started out rough too.

And actually, I love the episodes of Top Gear UK where they have to buy some cheap ass car and do challenges. Those are always so entertaining.

gregsju29

Go Kart Champion
no matter what, it's still one of the best American car shows out. Wheeler Deeler is pretty cool, but a bit slow and it's British. I'm looking forward to Top Gear US even though it's not as good as the uk version. It's still pretty entertaining and focused on cars.

FiGGy77

Ready to race!
giving it a shot...first 2 season's of TG UK was kinda bad. THat dude before James was forgettable. The chemistry between the 3 isnt there yet. to be honest..not a fan of Rutledge...great car guy, but he doesn't fit...IMO

P

plac

i saw that commercial today too. i'll take any car shows. somethings better than nothing.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
i saw that commercial today too. i'll take any car shows. somethings better than nothing.

agreed. I even liked The Car Show.... yeahhhh...

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
agreed. I even liked The Car Show.... yeahhhh...

I actually really thought that show was going to do well, and I also thought it was a preety good show. Still don't know why it went downhill all of a sudden.

surrealchemist

Ready to race!
Top Gear US season 2 was better than season 1. Some parts of it seem unpolished and just not as well done, but you can see they retooled it a bit last season. If they keep up with it the show is pretty entertaining.

I didn't think the car show was that bad, but then they went and dropped one of the guys and shortened it and parts of it were kind of lame. Like them having a race and then Adam Carolla loses cause he thought he was hitting the shift paddle but turned the wipers on... come on.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I don't get all the hate for top gear us? Give it some time folks. They got significantly better over time.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I don't get all the hate for top gear us? Give it some time folks. They got significantly better over time.

Time, for sure. I love it.

hpowders

Ready to race!
Dan Neil has good cred as a car reviewer.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I actually really thought that show was going to do well, and I also thought it was a preety good show. Still don't know why it went downhill all of a sudden.

agreed. Is it gone for good or? and they canned John Salley very quickly too. I actually thought he wasn't that bad.

I didn't think the car show was that bad, but then they went and dropped one of the guys and shortened it and parts of it were kind of lame. Like them having a race and then Adam Carolla loses cause he thought he was hitting the shift paddle but turned the wipers on... come on.

Carolla is essentially a rich dude who only sorta knows how to drive, so that explains that moment for him, lol.

Well - its a copy, and a poor one at that. They even have done many of the same challenges, so for an original Top Gear UK watcher , its kinda "meh" at times. If it wasn't for Tanner Foust, I probably wouldn't watch it at all, as the other two guys really do nothing for me.

Dan Neil has good cred as a car reviewer.

I didnt' like him at first because he was so damn cocky, but he's grown on me.