Are you tired of the post whoring?

• Yes

Votes: 20 52.6%
  • No

Votes: 18 47.4%

• Total voters

Finnegan

The Drunken Irishman
Disclaimer: I'm probably going to upset a lot of people and I assure you that's not my intention.

I'm beginning to visit this site less and less due to the excessive amount of post whoring that goes on here. I really do like this site but it's getting a little out of control. The Off-Topic section, where I enjoy posting the most, has turned into topic after topic of two people chatting like they're having a private conversation on an instant messenger. Who wants to see that crap? If you want to chat, get on AIM or whatever IM service you prefer. For every serious topic someone posts there are a dozen bs posts like "Oooh who post whores more???". It's just getting old...

Before anyone says "If you don't like it then don't read it!!!1!" It's hard to ignore when every real topic is drowned in a sea of the same post whoring topics/games that continue to push real posts further and further down the page.

I know I can't be the only person who is tired of it. Someone tell me I'm not crazy.

gtiTom

The Average Asian
Car(s)
VW MK5 GTI
Actually, I can be called a hypocrite. I didn't like it at first, but then just recently, I got drawn into it.

Its been hard trying to stay on task with topics that have been repeated over and over again I guess, and in the off-topic section, I suppose thats where people have their fun time. Including me.

Even my threads turned into messaging threads. Meh. Honestly, I am tired of it too. It's like an addiction sort of. I know it may seem deceiving to others, but for some reason, in the moment, I didn't really care anymore.

but now I do. :biggrin:

my07blkgti

I'll do it!!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Ehhh it doesn't bother me at all because I think its a hassle to get onto AIM and have everyone on there chatting at the same time so they just do it here. The only thing I don't like is when normal threads(not in the off topic section) become very off-topic because then you have to filter through the non-sense just to read the real reason you clicked in the thread for. What I think should be done is get a chatroom/IM system going on inside of golfmkv.com and then everybody would be happy.

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
if noone did it then it`d be boring.. and if it left then it would be missed.. you just gotta let it flow.

Lars

is a Limo drivers name.
Car(s)
BM MKV GTI
Haven't been around long enough to get the whole story, but it seems like harmless fun to me.

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
as long as it stays in off topic i see no harm

dago

..what?..
ugh.

Before i begin, Finnegan you know we have had our differences in the past on certain topics. What i have to say has nothing to do with our past experiences with each other...

That being said let's begin...
You are upset that the "serious threads" are being pushed down by "post horing" threads....what "serious threads" would that be? Also, you mention games?...kinda like the one our forum Moderator Abtsportline started?
C'mon, it is "off-topic"...anything goes, personal stories, news stories, games, and mindless chit-chat. 95% of the off-topic threads are made by or joined by the so called whores you talk about. The regulars is what i like to call them and it's not just a group of 10 people it's, 30 or 40. They are the make-up of this off-topic forum.

Really, what i think it boils down to is, you are not a happy person and have nothing better to do with his time but complain. That is not a personal attack, just a observation. I encourage other members to look at some of your previous posts and they will see that in the majority of them you are negative and rude.

Maybe, if you loosen up the panties and take this forum for what it is and not what you want it to be, you would enjoy yourself.

What exactly does a person who does not own a GTI or VW, frequent a off-topic forum of said site?

Now, enough of this thread, you are pushing down my favorite "whore topics"...

ONGIE

Disclaimer: I'm probably going to upset a lot of people and I assure you that's not my intention.

I'm beginning to visit this site less and less due to the excessive amount of post whoring that goes on here. I really do like this site but it's getting a little out of control. The Off-Topic section, where I enjoy posting the most, has turned into topic after topic of two people chatting like they're having a private conversation on an instant messenger. Who wants to see that crap? If you want to chat, get on AIM or whatever IM service you prefer. For every serious topic someone posts there are a dozen bs posts like "Oooh who post whores more???". It's just getting old...

Before anyone says "If you don't like it then don't read it!!!1!" It's hard to ignore when every real topic is drowned in a sea of the same post whoring topics/games that continue to push real posts further and further down the page.

I know I can't be the only person who is tired of it. Someone tell me I'm not crazy.

You're not crazy.

Schizoid

Ready to race!
It doesn't seem to bother me. I normally am just browsing, enjoying myself and killing time; in those situations, I don't really care. When I need info, I can usually find it and the post whoring hasn't ever prevented me from getting my questions answered.