GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

To you canadians bitching about our "low" US car prices...

AM407

Autocross Champion
Wow, so from me pointing out that our health care isn't fee because we pay high taxes some home that means I want free and quick health care? Don't you think you might be grasping at straws just a tad bit there? Please stop making assumptions if you can't comprehend what I am saying.

if you actually read what I was saying you would know that I don't think our health care is free. If our health care isn't free then I don't think we should have to wait the ridiculous times we do.

Dude complains in one post that his taxes are stupid high to pay for health care.

Dude complains in another post that health care sucks because dad has to wait.

Other dude posts: "You want it all but you don't want to pay for it."

I see that you have some issues with taking everything literally, so I will dumb down my comment a bit for you. Here is the modified version:

You want top-notch health care with no wait times, but don't want to pay the taxes necessary to fund it.

Or maybe I just misread what you wrote, and you are in fact perfectly happy paying "stupid high" taxes. If so, that's obviously my mistake and I again apologize.

And I guess I should say that I think the taxes we pay are totally reasonable for the services we get. If we want better health care (and I'm not saying we couldn't improve it), then we need to man up and expect to pay for it: it's not going to come without cost.

Last edited:

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
Dude points out that we have free health care because we pay a lot in tax. He has been making the point that our health care isn't free, we pay for it by his taxes. Dude doesn't say he hates paying high taxes and doesn't complain about it, is just pointing out that health care isn't free.

Dude complains in another post that health care sucks because dad has to wait. Dude says that since we actually paying for health care and it's not free, it should be better than it is. Dude thinks that waiting 24h to fix a leg requiring surgery should not be ok.

Fixed that for you. Hopefully you understand now and realize it's not my reading compression that's lacking here.

Last edited:

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
Oh and like i said, me and my dad have crohns. I save a shit load of money living in Canada, for me Canadian health care is better. I have it good, but I'm still going to point out that for most people it might be worth it to live in the US. Think of Canadian health care like insurance, if you use it, it's worth it and you are happy. If you never use it you spend a bunch of money that you didn't have to. Choose your poison.

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, your reading compression is just fine. Might want to work on the writing, though.

Meh, it's a forum and I'm typing quickly from my phone. I apologize if my grammar wasn't up to your standards.

ravendarat

Ready to race!
I'm really sorry to hear that. I just want to say though, I never said your system is better. I simply think ours isn't all that's it's made out to be.

In your case, aren't the doctors supposed to do what they feel they need to do regardless of costs? Wouldn't it be the same principal as someone without insurance coming in and they must treat the patient even if they can't afford it? Shouldn't they have done what was needed then duke it out with the insurance company?

You'd think that and so did we, hence the pending lawsuit.

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
I resent having to pay for other people's "pre existing" conditions out of my pocket. That's not insurance. Try getting fire insurance while your house is burning down or is already ash. Ain't gonna happen.

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
I resent having to pay for other people's "pre existing" conditions out of my pocket. That's not insurance. Try getting fire insurance while your house is burning down or is already ash. Ain't gonna happen.

The problem is that they can't pay for it either so one way or the other you and I will be paying for it. Why? Because in 1986 Reagan signed into law a bill saying that hospitals had to stabilize anyone who came to the ER, regardless of their ability to pay.

Say someone has COPD, they can be turned away when it's treatable and somewhat reasonable to pay for.. So that person waits until they are in crisis and it ends up costing way more. The hospital still pays its doctors, still uses it a expensive diagnostic tools, still creates a bill. But the patient doesn't pay it. So it gets passed on to you and I through prices charged by that hospital to your insurance company.

So do you want to pay to put out that house fire while just the kitchen stove is smoking or do you want to wait until it's a 4 alarm fire? You're paying either way.

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion

Then you wouldn't like the Canadian health care system.

forwardlean

Go Kart Champion
You still here?

Nope. Well, I don't live in the off topic forum like you cats. Its cool. I'm just not here or on my phone with this.

But yeah. We're super pissed up here. I'm not even sure why you guys come at us sideways for no proper reason. We're cool.

You guys just love conflict I guess.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
I'm only mad because Canadians decided to adopt the French way of driving on the right instead of sticking with driving on the left like every Commonwealth nation should ideally be doing :p

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
Nope. Well, I don't live in the off topic forum like you cats. Its cool. I'm just not here or on my phone with this.

But yeah. We're super pissed up here. I'm not even sure why you guys come at us sideways for no proper reason. We're cool.

Can someone translate this into English for me?

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion

Sure, if that's what you call it. Please translate