GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

To you canadians bitching about our "low" US car prices...

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
Well I got a story for you guys.

So my dad was putting up xmas lights today and the ladder slipped and he fell. he landed on the ladder and banged up his legs pretty bad, needs stitches and will be going for x-rays. He'll be fine though, thankfully he didn't fall backwards or something like that.

This happened at 1:30pm. My dad is currently still sitting in a waiting room with a gash right to the bone on his leg and possibly (fingers crossed it won't be) some other damage. I won't be surprised if he isn't home until 10-11ish tonight. Now we won't pay a cent for this which is great but the consequence is sitting at a hospital all day, literally all day, for a couple stitches and an x-ray.

Same thing happens here. And then we pay out the nose for it.

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
^^ You want it all and you don't want to pay for it. Typical Canadian attitude.

Where did I say I want it free and quick? Making assumptions and making smartass comments, typical forum douchbag.

On the US wait times, maybe I was wrong I have always been told you guys get in very quickly compared to us.

ravendarat

Ready to race!
OK you want a story, here ya go. My aunt and uncle were in Hawaii last year, she had a medical emergency that I won't go into but it resulted in her death. She was in the hospital for 4 days while the insurance company and the hospital decided how to proceed, this delay resulted in her death. They then gave my uncle a 500k bill that the insurance company wouldn't cover. A lawsuit has since been filed. So don't you dare fucking tell me how much better the US system is over ours, not until you experience both sides.

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
Where did I say I want it free and quick? Making assumptions and making smartass comments, typical forum douchbag.

On the US wait times, maybe I was wrong I have always been told you guys get in very quickly compared to us.

Depends on where you are. Any populated area is going to have an extended wait if you arent an emergency like your dad. You may wait 1hr or you may wait 5hrs or you may wait 20 minutes. These are for non populated areas. I live in a 250,000 person city and if I went to the ER with what your dad had, I would expect anywhere from 2-5 hours.

23 hours for a compound fracture sounds horrible doe.

Last edited:

AM407

Autocross Champion

Oh, sorry, my apologies. I thought you were the same mattdibart who was complaining back on page two of this thread about the stupid high taxes you have to pay.

AM407

Autocross Champion
23 hours for a compound fracture sounds horrible doe.

She got care right away: pain meds, cleaning the wound, etc. Took a few hours before the surgeon saw her and did an initial reposition of the bone. She was doped up and taken care of the whole time, so the wait for surgery wasn't completely outrageous. Of course, that's IMO - I wasn't the one with the broken leg. :)

And it happened on the Friday of a long weekend, so I'll cut them some slack for probably being busier than usual.

WAP

Go Kart Champion
Same thing happens here. And then we pay out the nose for it.

Yup. This. Maybe not 23 hours, but stupid long.

OK you want a story, here ya go. My aunt and uncle were in Hawaii last year, she had a medical emergency that I won't go into but it resulted in her death. She was in the hospital for 4 days while the insurance company and the hospital decided how to proceed, this delay resulted in her death. They then gave my uncle a 500k bill that the insurance company wouldn't cover. A lawsuit has since been filed. So don't you dare fucking tell me how much better the US system is over ours, not until you experience both sides.

That' fucking criminal, dude, not to mention just immoral. Serious apologies.

Fucking health care for profit is just so, so wrong. There's your fucking death panel, right there.

WAP

Go Kart Champion
She got care right away: pain meds, cleaning the wound, etc. Took a few hours before the surgeon saw her and did an initial reposition of the bone. She was doped up and taken care of the whole time, so the wait for surgery wasn't completely outrageous. Of course, that's IMO - I wasn't the one with the broken leg. :)

And it happened on the Friday of a long weekend, so I'll cut them some slack for probably being busier than usual.

Sounds a bit less horrible now.

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion

Ah, ok. I pictured her sitting there reading snow mobile reviews in some shitty Canadian magazine for 24 hours while her femur protrudes from her parka. Meanwhile, Doctors in those breeches the the mounted police wear run around frantically treating gapping head wounds.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
Homer Simpson isn't a fan of Canada so I'm sticking by him :laugh:

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
Oh, sorry, my apologies. I thought you were the same mattdibart who was complaining back on page two of this thread about the stupid high taxes you have to pay.

Wow, so from me pointing out that our health care isn't fee because we pay high taxes some home that means I want free and quick health care? Don't you think you might be grasping at straws just a tad bit there? Please stop making assumptions if you can't comprehend what I am saying.

if you actually read what I was saying you would know that I don't think our health care is free. If our health care isn't free then I don't think we should have to wait the ridiculous times we do.

I'm really sorry to hear that. I just want to say though, I never said your system is better. I simply think ours isn't all that's it's made out to be.

In your case, aren't the doctors supposed to do what they feel they need to do regardless of costs? Wouldn't it be the same principal as someone without insurance coming in and they must treat the patient even if they can't afford it? Shouldn't they have done what was needed then duke it out with the insurance company?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion