GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

To you canadians bitching about our "low" US car prices...

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Ill be more than happy to continue living in my country and continue proudly being Canadian until the day I die.
This has been my experience with most Canadians...more proud of their country than most Americans. These days I can see why.

AM407

Autocross Champion
I can't possibly tell you how wrong that is. I don't know a single canadian personally that has any desire to be American, and when people from the states say things like that, or call us the 51st state or other such non sense it really does piss most of us off. I don't mind your country, it can be a nice place to visit and you guys can love living there, its your home and being proud of it is a good thing but Ill be more than happy to continue living in my country and continue proudly being Canadian until the day I die.

It doesn't piss me off, but maybe that's because I have a sense of humour.

forwardlean

Go Kart Champion
Yes. Exactly like Iraq. 500,000 to 1,000,000 dead as doornail Iraqis versus 4,500 dead bad mother fuckers. Want to calculate that ratio?

The aftermath would be easier in Canada than it is in Iraq. Everyone in Canada wants to be American anyway.

Laughable.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
Canadians say they don't want to be Americans yet they have no problem driving on the same side as us yanks do.

Celebrate Boxing Day and other things Commonwealth countries do yet don't bother to drive the Queen's way of driving left.

What a joke America Jr.

AM407

Autocross Champion
Canadians say they don't want to be Americans yet they have no problem driving on the same side as us yanks do.

Celebrate Boxing Day and other things Commonwealth countries do yet don't bother to drive the Queen's way of driving left.

What a joke America Jr.

Waiting for hordes of outraged Canucks to jump at your bait. It's so predictable, and embarrasing.

ravendarat

Ready to race!

ravendarat

Ready to race!

What a joke America Jr.

This might be the single dumbest thing I have read in like at least the last 5 minutes on the internet.

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
Well I got a story for you guys.

So my dad was putting up xmas lights today and the ladder slipped and he fell. he landed on the ladder and banged up his legs pretty bad, needs stitches and will be going for x-rays. He'll be fine though, thankfully he didn't fall backwards or something like that.

This happened at 1:30pm. My dad is currently still sitting in a waiting room with a gash right to the bone on his leg and possibly (fingers crossed it won't be) some other damage. I won't be surprised if he isn't home until 10-11ish tonight. Now we won't pay a cent for this which is great but the consequence is sitting at a hospital all day, literally all day, for a couple stitches and an x-ray.

AM407

Autocross Champion
Well I got a story for you guys.

So my dad was putting up xmas lights today and the ladder slipped and he fell. he landed on the ladder and banged up his legs pretty bad, needs stitches and will be going for x-rays. He'll be fine though, thankfully he didn't fall backwards or something like that.

This happened at 1:30pm. My dad is currently still sitting in a waiting room with a gash right to the bone on his leg and possibly (fingers crossed it won't be) some other damage. I won't be surprised if he isn't home until 10-11ish tonight. Now we won't pay a cent for this which is great but the consequence is sitting at a hospital all day, literally all day, for a couple stitches and an x-ray.

It's called triage: those who don't need urgent care can wait for those who do.

My wife broke her leg last month: compound fracture that required surgery. She waited in E.R. (overnight in the hallway) from 3:00 pm until she got in for surgery at 2:00 pm the next afternoon.

So she had to wait a bit, big deal. If it had been life threatening, she would have been taken care of earlier. In the end, the surgeon did a great job, she got great care during the three days she was in the hospital, and she'll likely be fine. I'm good with that.

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
Well my post flew right over you're head. Everyone knows how a hospital queues work.

The point of the post was that would never happen in the US. I would bet my bank account if we were is US my dad would have been home hours ago.

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
Also if your fine with waiting nearly 24 hours to get attention to a fractured leg requiring surgery you're part of the problem. The wait times in Canada are a fkn joke and you just proved that.