Votes: 29 56.9%
  • Buy the MK7.

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • Your opinion, explain below.

Votes: 5 9.8%

• Total voters

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
^Really? That's good to know^ I just saw a white Mk7 GLI on Sunday....beautiful car.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
It's not even the same chassis I'm 99% sure. Still based off the MkV/VI chassis. Definitely buy the GTI if you're going to do it. You don't see the GLI in Car and Drivers 10 Best cars.

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
^Really? That's good to know^ I just saw a white Mk7 GLI on Sunday....beautiful car.

Yes sirrrr. Look up APR's tuning numbers. They have a picture of the engine as well in which you csn spot some differences. Its making basically MK6 TSI numbers.

larcic

Ready to race!
go mk7 hands down. just go to unitronics page and compare stock numbers on a mkv vs an mkvii then compare tuned numbers and then compare the parts required/recommended for each stage. the mk7 is a better car in many ways. better fuel system, close to k04 turbo, better coil packs. higher torque/hp values, better handling, lighter car. need I say more? the only thing the mk5 has over it is the look of the front end. I love the way the mk5 looks in the front. if I had an mk7 i would go stage 1+ and just keep it like that forever. In the mk5 I'm stage 1+ and it still leaves me wanting to do a bit more while also worrying about stuff breaking down because it has 100k miles. I'm gonna go mk8 in 2019.

Hrimnir

Passed Driver's Ed
There's a local guy that has the ecoboost explorer and with only a tuner he is running 8.43 in the 1/8 mile. That's ridiculously quick for what it is. However a Ko4 GTI should be fun as hell.

LOL at first I thought that was 8.43 in the 1/4, I was about to call extreme levels of bullshit ;-)