GOLFMKV

To DSG or not to DSG…?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Let's get real though. Pee is sterile and not that big a deal.

Is there a celebrity or someone that you'd let shit on your chest to have sex with them?

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
after owning a 6MT 2015 GTI, then a DSG 2015 GTI, I bought a 6MT Alltrack last year because I hated the DQ250 untuned and after I got the Unitronic TCU tune. I was scarred by 100K miles of hating my DSG so I thought I must’ve just been a manual guy, without even realizing it.

well, now I have APR Plus on my 6MT Alltrack, and I can’t stand the fact I’m afraid to stab the gas for that low-end torque that I can now put down through all 4 wheels. So I feel like I neutered the whole value proposition of getting an AWD Golf lol (it’ll obviously come in handy in inclement conditions but I definitely got it for the daily driving performance benefit).

And really, the main reason I chose 6MT this time was because it was my last chance. Regardless, I regret it. Wish I went DSG. I’d trade my Alltrack with a DSG owner who wishes they went 6MT haha

2019 SEL, white with brown, and about 17k on the odometer?!?!

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Someone earlier said they don't even realize that they are driving a manual in traffic, and apparently supplement the time spent in-between stopping and going with playing on their phone.

I've had a manual tranny as my daily before and trust me, you can tell you are driving it. The muscles in my left thigh were bigger than my right. Anyone who sits in real rush hour traffic would understand. Not just the occasional jam.

Gilroy to Menlo Park, CA, circa later 90s, in a 74 MGB.

the mk7 clutch is child’s play.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Gilroy to Menlo Park, CA, circa later 90s, in a 74 MGB.

the mk7 clutch is child’s play.

A stock NC Miatas clutch is twice as stiff as mk7's.

Last edited:

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I'm skinny af and if I ever do work out I'm probably skipping leg day, but I've never had my leg get tired from shifting. I don't know if it's even possible, definitely not with a stock clutch. I had a serious problem testing driving my R that really fucked with me. I was so used to the smfw clutch I had in my mk6 and I guess I didn't realize how much stiffer it really was compared to stock. When I was trying to test drive it the clutch pedal was more like an off/on switch. It was so soft I couldn't press it down slowly or even really half way, as soon as I touched the clutch a little bit it'd instantly be on the floor. It took me a week or two until I had better control of the clutch. I don't know if it was just pure muscle memory, but I couldn't get over how I was hulk smashing the pedal so easily and it was like some kind of mental block keeping me from applying light pressure.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Let's get real though. Pee is sterile and not that big a deal.

Is there a celebrity or someone that you'd let shit on your chest to have sex with them?
That’s where I drawn the line. I can’t do shit. Even as a huge aficionado of anal sex with women, whenever I get shit on my dick I get super bummed out.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
That’s where I drawn the line. I can’t do shit. Even as a huge aficionado of anal sex with women, whenever I get shit on my dick I get super bummed out.

Even for the chance bang the hottest woman in the world?