GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Titanium vs Stainless Steel

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Don't expect it extremely fast, I work 7 days a week basically and have to come up with about $500-600 to get all the material but after I have that it shouldn't take me more than a few days to fab up. I'm hoping towards the end of next month I will have it ready to start cutting and welding.

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Awesome!! Do you think you could drop me your email address? I definitely have a few questions I need some help with and since you guys have built one I would really appreciate it!

beauy46

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2009 TR GTI
Akrapovic makes titanium exhaust for MK6 ++exotics, and Bikes FYI

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Akropovic is amazing stuff. I'll have to check there stuff out and see what they are up to. Thanks for the tip!

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Meisterschaft also does them, fucking 3k?!?!?! OMFG lol and that's only cat back, im building a full TBE

That right there is incentive enough to pickup my materials and make my own for fucking 1/6th the price lol.

CharlieMKV

Go Kart Champion
The only weak link to this idea that i can think of is the weldes..Who are you have welded it together, i'm pretty sure most muffler shop haven't welded Titanium ever.

dagon138

Passed Driver's Ed
My other car came with a titanium cat-back stock, and lots of those guys modify it to put in bypass pipes.
All I know from reading their posts is that it requires special shielding work to weld that stuff. If you're having any welding done, you'll need to find someone that can/has worked with it.

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Thank you! I'll be in touch soon!

The only weak link to this idea that i can think of is the weldes..Who are you have welded it together, i'm pretty sure most muffler shop haven't welded Titanium ever.
see below.
My other car came with a titanium cat-back stock, and lots of those guys modify it to put in bypass pipes.
All I know from reading their posts is that it requires special shielding work to weld that stuff. If you're having any welding done, you'll need to find someone that can/has worked with it.

"All the fab work will be done by myself and my dad since welding is about as easy as changing oil to him lol."

My dad was a cert. welder in the navy back in vietnam and builds $150K+ hotrods now for a living, he's going to be welding it for me. not worried about anything at all in that area.

CharlieMKV

Go Kart Champion
"All the fab work will be done by myself and my dad since welding is about as easy as changing oil to him lol."

My dad was a cert. welder in the navy back in vietnam and builds $150K+ hotrods now for a living, he's going to be welding it for me. not worried about anything at all in that area.

Tig welded Titanium exhaust :thumbsup: in for pics, when done of course.

ArmoGTI

Ready to race!
In.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

trialerror00

Ready to race!
Car(s)
k04 GTI & watermeth
:cool: Sub'd, can't wait for some pics and videos!

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Hahah well now there is no way I can't deliver lol! I'll have project pics up as soon as I can afford to swing the materials :thumbsup: thanks for the support guys!