GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tire Monitoring sys?

cmcm

Drag Racing Champion
Our MKV GTI has tire-monitoring sys i believe, any problems if I replacing the entire set of wheels and tires.:wink:

Delboy

Oval Newbie
I wouldn't think so,as the system works off of rolling radius and providing you set your tyre pressures and calibrate the system after the new wheels are fitted,there shouldn't be a problem.

I didnt think this system was enabled in the states?.
it is next to the esp button correct?

cmcm

Drag Racing Champion
GTi Fanatic said:
I didnt think this system was enabled in the states?.
it is next to the esp button correct?
oh good, fanatic, if that's so, I don't have to worry, coz the GTI's manual said it has a tire-monitoring sys in there, let me read it more carefully, thanks guys.

cmcm

Drag Racing Champion
Just found out there's a switch next to ESP for a canadian model, so driver able to switch on and off the TMPS to check the pressure. According to my manual, US model has TMPS but without a switch. However, it mentioned that if the replacement tires doesn't have sensor, TMPS will not be activated.
I called several numbers to sort this out, and noone can give me an answer, most of them said not sure if TMPS is a standard feature for US model.
but my manual describes the TMPS very clearly and the canadian model as well.
anyone has any infos?????

Dubdr

Rally Car Champion
Here is a trick to find out if you have TMS. Check your valve stems, if there are metal or unable to be "wiggeled" you do. If there are just regular rubber valves and you can move them you are good to go. If you do have TMS as long as the installer puts the sensors in the new rims you won't have any issues.

Shovels

Touring Car Newbie
My pressure warning light came on yesterday so checked the pressures and lo an behold I had lost pressure in the front right tyre...why I dunno but inflated and reset and so far ok...handy enough :thumbsup: