GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tint

BoredRobot

Likes Electric Sheep
Not really. I'm in the same boat. I've done some searching and come up with http://www.latint.com/

Don't know if they are any good, most feedback seems to be on the MD places like The Tint Shop and D&L (kinda far). I actually had my Titan tinted at D&L and they did a good job.

GL

gtiTom

The Average Asian
Car(s)
VW MK5 GTI
If you guys want Titanium Tint, go see DetailsDetailsDetails in Rockville, MD. www.detailsdetailsdetails.com Their tint jobs look superb, but it comes at a pricey $200 for our cars all around.

projectD18

Car(s)
2006 jetta
express tint in centreville do a pretty good job...they even have warranty cover for illegal tint...don't go to la tint i heard they suck:thumbup:

lslugz

1/1 MexiCAN
I got mine done at underground audio in springfield, they only charged me $75 cause they had to reschedule my appointment 2 times, over all they are great guys.

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Maybe we can set up a GB at a local shop somewhere? anybody interested enough for me to shop around? I know a few places in the NOVA area that would probably be willing to put something together for us!

BoredRobot

Likes Electric Sheep
AAckk...I would be interested but I was gonna go to D&L Saturday morning. Do you think a GB is likely to happen? I'd love to save some $$.

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
oh its very possible, but I would probably need more than two cars to pull it off unfortunately, probably 3-5 I would assume, but I'll make some calls this weekend...if you dont want to wait its up to you, no hard feelings, its on my agenda as well

BoredRobot

Likes Electric Sheep
Okay...

Well I pulled the trigger today since the place said they could take me and I actually had the time to go (I have a pretty hectic schedule most days).

Not sure how the whole forum thing works yet but I didn't wanna get stuck waiting and waiting for some other people to commit?

MKazGTI

Car(s)
Black 06 GTI
I'll jump in on that group buy if its still on...let me know the details if it happens.

I Found this place off edsall rd, wondering if anyone else has heard of it?

wuman82

Not A Newbie
hey if this group buy thing is still going on I'm up for it too.
I was reading craigslist a week or so back and there is a shop here in Alexandria called "The Tint Guy" having a summer sale, I don't know how good this shop is though.

wuman82

Not A Newbie
i don't know how many of you are still interested in tinting, but I called the "The Tint Guys" today and they weren't willing to give a group discount, so per car is $170-$180 which I think is still pretty good

Amelios

Ready to race!
Been emailing Winners (in both Rockville and Annapolis) as they seem to have very good reviews... Got some info on doing a group buy thing... Who would be interested in doing something down in Rockville?

Here's the email:

The price for your vehicle is $199.00 with a Lifetime and Nationwide
Warranty. This Warranty covers Peeling, Fading, Cracking, Bubbling, and
Delaminating. If any of these issues occur, Winners will replace the film
free of charge for as long as you own the vehicle. Winners uses only the
best Technology in the business, with "Computer Cut" window tinting, so
all of your windows will fit to your windows specifications. In MD the
legal limit is 35%, but we do offer different shades including: 50% -- 35%
-- 20% -- 5% (Limo). Please let us know if you would like to have your car
done with our Professional Installers. Please call us at any of our store
locations:

Annapolis: (410)-266-6788