GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tiguan

kev24k

Go Kart Champion
My fiancee has a 2007 altima and hates it. I was thinking as a wedding present to get her a black tiguan with navi, panoramic sunroof, tow package, and black cloth interior. I would want her to have 4motion too but thats reallllly hard to find and not necessary. We have test driven the car and she really likes it. I've gone to a dealer and they said 27k for the car which I think is way much. Before I go back and get a better price I want to know if anyone could give me advice/help or any idea of what would be the lowest possible price I could get this car for. I would do it as a surprise and i KNOW she would go crazy for this. Her eyes lit up while driving the car. We would be trading her car in. Was told by the dealership they would give me 11k for it.

Thanks in advance for any and all help given.

kyle

Go Kart Champion
Why doesn't she like the Altima? 11k for the trade? I'm assuming it's the 2.5l with a ton of miles on it?

phil

becausephilchow
Car(s)
2009 VW R32
Knock them down to 25K, throw some freebies in, like mats and trunk liner, something along those lines.

Then ask for 12K for the trade-in, and call it a deal.

If they really want to sell this car, I think they'd do that.

Bad economy, probably wants to meet their quota for the month.

GotGTI?

caus GTI is raycekor. :-|
4motion - must imho. then stage 2 that biatch! i'm gonna go for a tig i think.

apexpredator

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2010 Carbon Gray GTI
If they offered you $27K for an SE with Navigation and panoramic roof that was a stone cold steal!

MSRP for an SE with Nav, Roof, and 18" Wheels is $31365.00 Invoice is $29404.00 There is $500 loyalty if you are a VW owner and $1000 if you finance or lease through VCI (At least here in California we do). Using all those incentives it comes to $27904.

You should have jumped on that when they offered it.

BTW for those who think that dealerships are so desperate that they will do anything to sell a car it's not true. A dealer can only go so low on the price of a car before it stops making sence to sell it.

Uberhatch

Ready to race!
Knock them down to 25K, throw some freebies in, like mats and trunk liner, something along those lines.

Then ask for 12K for the trade-in, and call it a deal.

If they really want to sell this car, I think they'd do that.

Bad economy, probably wants to meet their quota for the month.

Do it, be firm and tell em with directive that you will deal on the spot for that 25K price. If not walk out they can only say no and they probably wont.

Uberhatch

Ready to race!
If they offered you $27K for an SE with Navigation and panoramic roof that was a stone cold steal!

MSRP for an SE with Nav, Roof, and 18" Wheels is $31365.00 Invoice is $29404.00 There is $500 loyalty if you are a VW owner and $1000 if you finance or lease through VCI (At least here in California we do). Using all those incentives it comes to $27904.

You should have jumped on that when they offered it.

BTW for those who think that dealerships are so desperate that they will do anything to sell a car it's not true. A dealer can only go so low on the price of a car before it stops making sence to sell it.

All irrelevant. And you should know as well as anyone, if a dealer wants to move a car they will. My R's MSRP was 33,640, window sticker had the mark-up to 35,680. I had it in one email for 27,390 brand new with 14 miles on it and this was in AUGUST BEFORE the car sale meltdown. Sometimes dealers just want to move cars because of flooring costs or some other reason. The point is they can be had for significantly less and I wouldn't settle for 27 on the tiguan unless your in a hurry or dont care.

Sometimes you cant pay attention to MSRP or invoice etc and all that other BS although I would use it as a general guideline. Whats most important is what some of the lowest prices you've seen OTHERS get a particular car for and work within that range. At least that's what worked for me and the reason I decided that I would only even entertain a conversation or begin an email with a 27K price point. (the near lowest others were getting theirs for)

Scottie3000

Passed Driver's Ed
Remember the negotiations for the price of the new car and the trade ate two separate things. Dont let them lower the price by lowering your trade in value.