GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ticking noise?

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Anyone else noticed a ticking noise coming from under the car on the passanger side? It can be heard in the cabin of the car and it seems to be coming through the floorboard. I just wondered if I was the only one?:frown:

Sinjin

Rally Car Newbie
i have the same thing. it sounds like a tapping sound but only when i am stopped, and it does not happen all the time. it is in the rear passanger side. i posted one message about it already in another post

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
K...cause for a car with a hell of alot of sound deadening init that noise comes through pretty clear at a stop. When I put my head down to the floor by the passanger seat it does seem to be coming from the back.....The beating heart of the "fast"?LOL

Sinjin

Rally Car Newbie
I am thinking it might be the spare tire compartment. I tightened the tire stuff and I will check tonight on my way home. I hope that it is my fast tapping his feet out of boredom :)

Newcastle

Drag Racing Champion
I believe what I read on vwvortex was that it was a cambelt rubbing against the cam belt cover, although that could be a seperate issue - I will see if I can find the link and post it on here for your reading enjoyment.

Newcastle

Drag Racing Champion
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2470884

This is what I found, although I don't know if it is the same thing.

Mine does the same "ticking" thing you are talking about but I haven't had a chance to stop by the dealer to have them take a look at it. Its weird that it doesn't do it all the time though.

I usually dont hear it unless it has been idling for a minute, perhaps since this car has a returnless fueling system it is the sound of the fuel pump "idling" the pressure? I honestly don't know and that is just a guess.

Newcastle

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I probably just have a ghost in my car. Some mechanic probably died some horible death and now he is in my car for all eternity. Maybe he will be usefull down the road when I need something fixed. Anyway I think I will stop by the dealership later down the road.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Yeah it is soooo not the spare tire compartment. Already had that area apart when I put in my system. Put in two 10"typeR's along with some amps and you do not have much hatch left.LOL

Whafrodamus

Walnuts, bitch.
Car(s)
2010 MK6 GTI
I heard a ticking/clicking when I would accelerate, turn, or close the hatch. I was really worried so I took it down to the dealer. After about 5 minutes of sitting in the waiting room watching a Disney movie, the head mechanic tells me it was the spare tire. I felt stupid :p.

EMIR MKV

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
the noise comes from the exhaust turn the car off and u will stil hear the exhaust ticking it's normal

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
It is soooo not normal. You should not be able to hear any noise from a factory car brand new. Especialy inside the car from the exhaust. It's not normal.

Sinjin

Rally Car Newbie
i do not think it is the exhaust, but something to do with the fuel compartment. at least is sounds like it is coming from that area of the car. i have not had some one sit in the back to see if they can hear the noise and where it is actually coming from. very upseting.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Mine comes from under the car. Only at idle and disapeers as rpm's increase. It is not the ticking of the exhaust because it is hot either. It is from under the tranmission hump by the exhaust. Going to the dealership tomorrow.