GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ticket Help

nickmk6r

Passed Driver's Ed
Last night I got pulled over with a friend, both got tickets for 70 in a 55. It was 2 lanes on each side of the road, officer going north, we were going south. As he went by he turned his radar on and pulled around, I knew we were screwed. Im fairly certain I wasnt going as fast as he says he clocked us at because my friend was passing me. Im 17, and if I dont win it in court I believe I lose my license for 3 months. Not sure what to do, need a license for school and work, but also dont want to go to court and lose to have my license suspended for a lot of the summer. Anyone have any tips? Have 6 days to make up my mind. Live in and got pulled over in Maine if that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Your only hope >>> Hire an attorney. If you don't you'll have no chance of winning. He may be able to get you to school & to work privileges if you do get a suspension. These kind of lessons are tough, so learn from them. Good luck.

Last edited:

ahard48

Ready to race!
Your 17 with a golf R, don't speed with your friends if your license means that much to you.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Your 17 with a golf R, don't speed with your friends if your license means that much to you.

Last edited:

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
BMW
Ask your folks to pay it? I mean, they bought the R, so...

nickmk6r

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah money isnt really the issue. Just really want to keep my license if possible. Thanks for all the help, wish me luck. Have definetly learned from this one

Ihaterice

Ready to race!
If its your first offense call the court clerk and ask if there is anything he/she can do for you. I got clocked doing 90 in a 70 my first ticket at age 18 and I called and explained the situation politely, and they ended up reducing the speed so it wasn't a super speeder. The second time I got a super speeder I lawyered up immediately and got lucky they assigned an incorrect court date and so my lawyer helped me out and pushed back the court date another 3 months and the cop eventually just dropped the charge altogether. It was recommended I take a defensive driving course though which I did for insurance costs. I still get raped by my insurance now though thats just unavoidable unless you trade your car in for a civic or some shit. Oh well you live and you learn. I gotta wait another 2 years for my insurance to go down again. I drive like a decrepit disabled grandma now haha good luck bro!

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
why would you lose your license? Is New Hampshire/Maine that strict when it comes to speeding?

In Florida you only loose your license (speeding wise) if its reckless like 29+ over the speed limit... they also can impound your car if you get caught going that high over the speed limit.. i may be a little off ion the numbers.

Last edited:

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
If you are a juvenile provisional license holder and are within the first two years of your license, a conviction for any moving violation will result in the following suspension.

First violation - 30 day suspension
Second violation - 180 day suspension
Third and subsequent violation - 1 year suspension
Depending on the violation additional requirements may be imposed prior to a suspension being restored.

An approved driver traffic offender program that meets Maine's Motor Vehicle restoration requirements (Upon completion of a course you will need a copy of the course completion certificate to submit to the Secretary of State for restoration of your driving privileges).
$200.00 reinstatement fee
Written and road re-examination
Community service if imposed by the court

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
If you are a juvenile provisional license holder and are within the first two years of your license, a conviction for any moving violation will result in the following suspension.

Depending on the violation additional requirements may be imposed prior to a suspension being restored.

An approved driver traffic offender program that meets Maine's Motor Vehicle restoration requirements (Upon completion of a course you will need a copy of the course completion certificate to submit to the Secretary of State for restoration of your driving privileges).

I do believe this is the answer you were looking for OP.
I know its fun now but when you get older you will look back at how stupid it is to drive extra spirited/racing on the roads.

ahard48

Ready to race!

nickmk6r

Passed Driver's Ed

Yeah its my second violation.. last one was over a year ago and I just find 180 days a bit ridiculous i guess. Wish I wasnt so stupid about it. Hopefully I can work something out so I can drive all summer.