GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Threw up in my mouth a little today

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
He managed to make the 6er worse, which is an achievement.

he did this to the poor SL:

and the Karma was just goofy looking from the side for a Bolt engine setup.
yeah he did ruin the aston and the sl but i still like the fisker kinda looks like a 4 door rx8 and i do like the exhaust that exits right behind the front wheel

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
yeah he did ruin the aston and the sl but i still like the fisker kinda looks like a 4 door rx8 and i do like the exhaust that exits right behind the front wheel
Fair enough. It was Bob Lutz that was working to use LSx motors in them.

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
Fair enough. It was Bob Lutz that was working to use LSx motors in them.
thats right i remeber hearing about that. one thing i did like about the fisker was the wood used inside was either reclaim redwood that had been burned or wood that had been sunkin in lake superior

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I actually think the Fisker looks great other than the grill or something in the front isn't right. Can't put my finger on it.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
I've owned some ugly BMW's, the Z3 M Coupe, a 135i and an X1 35i, but this is getting out of hand.

The Z3 M-Coupe was a bad ass little car. Always wanted the “what the EG6 should have been”

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
thats right i remeber hearing about that. one thing i did like about the fisker was the wood used inside was either reclaim redwood that had been burned or wood that had been sunkin in lake superior

My camping shower mat is made of reclaimed redwood from Lake Superior. 🤣

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
The Z3 M-Coupe was a bad ass little car. Always wanted the “what the EG6 should have been”
It was a great car. Not the fastest thing, but loved to go sideways. Was a handful at the track, but always kept a smile on my face.

Was near perfect for the LA and Orange County canyon roads too.

BMW did a terrible job of supporting their cars though, so many small parts became unavailable once it was about ten years old

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
It was a great car. Not the fastest thing, but loved to go sideways. Was a handful at the track, but always kept a smile on my face.

Was near perfect for the LA and Orange County canyon roads too.

BMW did a terrible job of supporting their cars though, so many small parts became unavailable once it was about ten years old

One is the bigger reasons I have a GTI and not an E90 M3.

Rennwagen

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
I think in real world settings, they won't be that bad. It's a stupid design, but unless you're a goober that drives with them on, most folks will never notice them.
The headlights always looked to me like they were designed by the same guy who made the front of the Chevy Volt
1617115605880.png

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
People hate the “big mouth” but I mean it’s not THAT much different....
The 8 seemed to attempt to sort of accentuate width. In a way. At least that’s how I’m perceiving it. But mother fucker it is hard to look at it! Like I struggle to stare at that bumper

can’t compare it to the 6. IMO the 6 flows well. The front bumper has no weird surprises. It’s neat and tidy.

I think it’s sort of like how people appreciate art. We won’t see the same things

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
My thing about it is I don't like textured plastic bits. The mk8 has a ton more of that compared to the mk6 and the huge honeycomb holes that are filled in with plastic looks terrible. It's not so bad on the mk6 by the fog lights because the hex holes are a lot smaller, and it's got that painted piece to help fill that area in, which also looks amazing when it's color matched to the car. I'm also not a big honeycomb fan in general.

Maybe if the honeycombs were slightly smaller and they were all completely open I wouldn't hate it so much. It could also really use a black radiator. Even though I'd like to see all the honeycombs be open it doesn't look good being able to see that much behind the bumper either. Almost like it's unfinished.
1617120231818.png

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
My thing about it is I don't like textured plastic bits. The mk8 has a ton more of that compared to the mk6 and the huge honeycomb holes that are filled in with plastic looks terrible. It's not so bad on the mk6 by the fog lights because the hex holes are a lot smaller, and it's got that painted piece to help fill that area in, which also looks amazing when it's color matched to the car. I'm also not a big honeycomb fan in general.

Maybe if the honeycombs were slightly smaller and they were all completely open I wouldn't hate it so much. It could also really use a black radiator. Even though I'd like to see all the honeycombs be open it doesn't look good being able to see that much behind the bumper either. Almost like it's unfinished.
View attachment 208410
Man it’s like an old avocado fucked another older avocado. 🤣

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Glad to see they still dgaf about brake cooling. If I bought a Mk8 GTI, I'd sure do my best to source the CS front bumper
1617121119586.png