GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thought I'd share what I got after selling the mk7 R...

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
Lol, I really wanted a 4Runner, but couldn't justify the over $7xx car payment it would've cost me for the one I wanted. Instead, I bought something that gets me out from under the GTI, is way more comfortable and reliable, has more features, better resale, and fits what I want/need in the coming future better.

Your car is nice and has some great features, and I have no doubt will be more reliable than the GTI or the R. You should join us on the other forum though, it's much more fun than over here

PM me what other forum you are talking about?

Randum

Go Kart Champion
Interesting, I am always up for reading opinions of the newer domestic cars after driving the GTI/R.

I am extremely biased though, I prefer the "refinement" of German engineering and the design. As for engines, I really like the lower displacement and power we can harness out of the cars too.

It is good to hear you notice a big difference from you old 99 Trans-am. I had a 99 GRAND AM CLEARLY different but it was evident where that car was not quite on par with even the Jettas of 99 IMO.

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
I was looking at supercharger kits for the SS saying to myself that it may just be my next car. I made a whole bunch of lifestyle changes and now I find my GTI to ride too rough to suit me. Come to think of it, I'm now 30 pounds lighter than when I first purchased the GTI in 2013. I wonder if that extra fat shielded me from the rough ride?

EDIT: I'm also looking at used CTS-V sedans now.

Last edited:

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah blacking out the emblems is the way to go if you're not gonna do the Holden badges.

I work in a dealer parts department so I got the grill/emblem package for a pretty cheap price so I jumped. The white SS emblem also has black under it if you're careful and peal the white off with like a tooth pick or something. (if you'd be interested in doing that).

Also, ignore the flack from everyone. No one understands what the car is about. People don't realize the SS is beating Hellcats in road course track times.

BTW, if you hit the traction control button twice, it goes into track mode. It's dangerously fun.
Yeah no, I'm pretty sure all understand the car is pretty kickass. I think the problem came when it was compared like for like with a GTI. Not very useful to compare a $50k car with a $25k car, and then claim we're all waisting our time modifying a GTI. I've worked on everything from pro-touring American muscle cars to boring dd econo-boxes, so I can really appreciate the "do everything" personality of the GTI for a sub $30k car.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
My last build, for reference.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
Who knows! I was looking at the CTS-V as well, but decided that the SS was a better fit with the LS3, lighter in weight, and a new car. :) The SS with a few bolt ons can beat a CTS-V because of the weight difference.

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, but the cts-v with a tune becomes a beast too. I am going to ask one of my friends that had a 2009 just how bad the maintenance was on it. If the SS proves to be cheaper to maintain, I'll lean towards it. The other vehicle I am considering is a Charger SRT8

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
Be weary that the CTS-V has supercharger issues and they are constantly having to get them replaced, even the ones that were replaced too. Been on the forums. GM extended the warranty on them though because of that, but once it's out, it isn't cheap to replace.

Lbrench

Passed Driver's Ed
47k? sorry but that's bmw M4/M235i money. I do like these though, saw one on the freeway and had no idea what it was

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
47k? sorry but that's bmw M4/M235i money. I do like these though, saw one on the freeway and had no idea what it was

Find me a new M4 for $47k. Last time I looked at them, they were easily pushing $70k, fully optioned. My wife would probably divorce me if I spent that much on a car. Oh well, I'm gonna miss her! :lol:

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Find me a new M4 for $47k. Last time I looked at them, they were easily pushing $70k, fully optioned. My wife would probably divorce me if I spent that much on a car. Oh well, I'm gonna miss her! :lol:

Was just thinking the same thing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skeptix

Ready to race!

M235i... a 330hp I6, 2 door coupe. The SS blows it away in functionality, reliability, and aftermarket support.

Yeah, some people don't understand.

47k SS vs 47k BMW sedan, you get WAY more with the SS.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion

You will never find one for this cheap. Sorry you better look up the facts. Actually this is one of the cheapest 4 door muscle cars you will find with this much power and options.