GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thought I'd share what I got after selling the mk7 R...

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
meh, honestly i love this car. and for that matter, yes american cars. i wrote them off a few years ago after owning japanese... but, they have come a very long way since most of them now base cars off european cars. and im a believer of every car company will have issues. its a machine. and machines will brake, nothing is built to last.

honestly. i would buy one. and im counting down the days until i can afford a V series caddy. or even this. or some sort of srt. that great american V8 sound is something i have been wanting for years... So OP. no worries dude, get what you like. in a way im happy with my dub, and in many ways i wish i could get rid of it. i drive so much right now, that i cant really afford a V8, but when i do, this car is getting the boot.

Agreed. I haven't owned one since 1999. I told myself I wouldn't again. But they have come such a long way that I couldn't pass them up anymore. The interiors are so much better than some imports like Toyota and Nissan.

Same way I feel. I need 4 doors, wanted a V8 this time, and a car that is mod friendly. This car fits the bill very easily.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
best steering wheel on any Chevy I've ever seen.

Yep, and some even replace them for the Z/28 wheel which is exactly the same, but has suede instead of leather.

KeepingItStock

Passed Driver's Ed
So let me get this straight, someone is telling you that you that you can't speak about reliability because you drive an American, and a Chevy at that, but he himself owns a Volkswagen. And on top of that, he says you should have gotten a Dodge instead. Because they're somehow better and more reliable. Even though it's still American. Excuse me while I go bash my head against the pavement.

Congrats on the new car man. I kept looking at the SS when I was car shopping but couldn't swallow the price for a daily when I already have a V8 powered toy in the garage. Seriously badass machine though.

I don't care about recalls. Reliability. I have had enough VW's to know they aren't that reliable. Would you leave my thread and stop ruining it?

Maybe your VW weren't reliable, but most are. I personally think you're more interested in comfort than anything else, noting your back complaints. But please stop dogging on VW just cause you have back problems, they are not rough riding in the slightest. Not sure how car with more plastic inside is more refined either.

AXO

Go Kart Champion
Super Nice Car! I would have opted for the Camaro SS. Not as rare as your SS, but more my style..

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
So let me get this straight, someone is telling you that you that you can't speak about reliability because you drive an American, and a Chevy at that, but he himself owns a Volkswagen. And on top of that, he says you should have gotten a Dodge instead. Because they're somehow better and more reliable. Even though it's still American. Excuse me while I go bash my head against the pavement.

Congrats on the new car man. I kept looking at the SS when I was car shopping but couldn't swallow the price for a daily when I already have a V8 powered toy in the garage. Seriously badass machine though.

I was thinking the same thing, but you worded it perfectly! :p Here is the latest JD Powers.....it shows how well Chevy is doing.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
Maybe your VW weren't reliable, but most are. I personally think you're more interested in comfort than anything else, noting your back complaints. But please stop dogging on VW just cause you have back problems, they are not rough riding in the slightest. Not sure how car with more plastic inside is more refined either.

Everyone in my family and who was in my R doesn't agree with you about the ride. It was a rough car even on the softest setting. The SS is more refined than the R. You need to go sit in one to see that. More plastic comment makes me laugh....the rear doors are all hard plastic in the R.

I was more interested in the comfort, ride, and performance of the car.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
It's not just a Chevy.

Sent from my iSuperior, expect typos, mathematical errors and inaccuracy.

Exactly. Not a normal Chevy.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
Super Nice Car! I would have opted for the Camaro SS. Not as rare as your SS, but more my style..

Needed the 4 doors..:)

Skeptix

Ready to race!
Agreed. I haven't owned one since 1999. I told myself I wouldn't again. But they have come such a long way that I couldn't pass them up anymore. The interiors are so much better than some imports like Toyota and Nissan.

Same way I feel. I need 4 doors, wanted a V8 this time, and a car that is mod friendly. This car fits the bill very easily.

What your plans? I just installed ARH Headers and cats, and a rotofab intake. Got tuned last week, but it was too hot to dyno it, so we just street tuned it. Was gonna waste time getting a number since the mods aren't too crazy. It was pretty much spitting fuel so it needed some sort of tune ASAP.

Here's an updated pic from the shit fest thread I created.

If you wanna hear it: https://instagram.com/p/5fu4tPL0jf/?taken-by=lennyjd