GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thought I'd share what I got after selling the mk7 R...

TRUboost

Go Kart Champion
They are rare because GM can't shift them to save their lives. Sweet car though, love it in white with the exception of the chrome wheels.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Did you tune the R? This seems like a step backwards, still a cool car though.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Aye dios mio

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
Did you tune the R? This seems like a step backwards, still a cool car though.

Nope, but no tuning would make that car more comfortable. Step forwards in all areas on this car honestly.

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
This thread is going better than the last one did.

This /\

But that's also because we're not comparing the performance of a $45k+ car to the the GTI's $25k.

To the OP, nice car! My only criticism of the car would be the automatic transmission over the manual. :D
If you don't mind my asking, what was the reason to get rid of a 2015 R (assume you had it less than a year)?

Believe it or not, the Chevy SS and Mk7 Golf R are pretty even matched on the track.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
This /\

But that's also because we're not comparing the performance of a $45k+ car to the the GTI's $25k.

To the OP, nice car! My only criticism of the car would be the automatic transmission over the manual. :D
If you don't mind my asking, what was the reason to get rid of a 2015 R (assume you had it less than a year)?

Believe it or not, the Chevy SS and Mk7 Golf R are pretty even matched on the track.

Had it for only a month the R. The seats were flaring up my sciatica issues, and I couldn't go through that again like I did in my GTI. I really hoped VW made those seats a little more wider and softer but they didn't. Sadly, that is something you don't know till you own the car for a while.

Yep, for the size of the SS, it handles really well.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
This /\

Yep, OP didn't end the intro of his new car with "honestly, modding the GTI was worthless. It'll never be a sports car like this is. I should have just bought this $50k car instead and called it a day." :laugh:

I mean, there are a lot of properties of cars that one could use to argue either car is better. There are a lot of properties that could be used to define what a sports car is and is not. Yet to open a thread with "I'm richer than you all, you're all wasting your time and money on a car that truly isn't as good in any objective and measurable way as this car that only a few of you can afford" is not a great way to approach a forum about said inferior car.

OP is doing a much better job this time around. Enjoy the torque, VW-TX!

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
so you picked that auto instead of a DSG... yeah great decision...

Just need a tune to make that auto shift faster. But yes, it's a slushbox...not a DSG.