GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thinking about a 2015 Mustang GT after loans are payed off

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
So I like to think about the future. Sometimes a bit far into the future, haha.

I should be able to have both my GTI and student loans payed off in about 3 years if I keep paying them off as aggressively as I have so far, and I've been thinking that I may pick up a 2015 Mustang GT as a celebratory present to me from me. Ideally I would get one with the Performance Pack and the Recaro seats.

I love the GTI, its drivability, and its economy, but there is just something about a 5.0L 435HP/400tq beast of American Muscle that middle school me would be sorely remiss if I didnt try and get, haha. Couple that with IRS on a car that gave M3's a run for their money when it was still solid axle? Consider me sold. I even looked into trading my car in on a new made to order one from the factory and my payments would barely go up (it would however double my total debt and push total repayment off for at least 3 more years, so pass, haha)

Just curious to see everyone opinions on the new 5.0's and see if anyone has had a chance to ride or drive one yet. Other than Audi's and Suabaru's, what are some of you guys looking at after the GTI?

I'm with you. I wouldn't mind jumping to a new GT. My current issues with it is my mostly city driving making for shitty MPGs, as well as the inability to really improve performance much past your typical bolt ons. That might be enough, but something about force induction and having the option to swap in a new turbo with a kit easily is just hitting the mark for me. So, I'm torn. I would like a new Golf R too, given the numbers that thing is getting, but I'm kinda tired of the VW prices on parts, and maintenance upkeep that follows every gen, typical things too. Like headliner falling down, some sort of catastrophic engine issue(s), squeaks, etc.

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
Right now I am considering the S3, STI, Camaro, Focus RS, ATS-V, and maybe even a Hellcat. The STI or Focus RS would be a second car whereas the others would replace the GTI all together. I miss AWD and RWD too much.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
that's what I'm also considering after I dump my mk7 in about 2 years. But no recaro seats as there's no seat heating or ventilated seats, but Performance pack for sure. Throw a roush axle back exhaust, drop it on springs and remove the clutch helper spring (which softens the clutch FYI) and that's all I need other than preventative/issue solving mods.

Also take a look at Camaro SS (current gen), it shares the same transmission as the Viper, CTS-V, Mustang GT350 or 500.

Joel_MK6

Passed Driver's Ed
I too plan way advance into my future sometimes. At first I was stuck between the F80 M3 or an S4. But ultimately decided that I want my next car to be AWD - so it looks like I'm getting an S3 or S4 in the next 2-3 years.

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
I'm with you. I wouldn't mind jumping to a new GT. My current issues with it is my mostly city driving making for shitty MPGs, as well as the inability to really improve performance much past your typical bolt ons. That might be enough, but something about force induction and having the option to swap in a new turbo with a kit easily is just hitting the mark for me. So, I'm torn. I would like a new Golf R too, given the numbers that thing is getting, but I'm kinda tired of the VW prices on parts, and maintenance upkeep that follows every gen, typical things too. Like headliner falling down, some sort of catastrophic engine issue(s), squeaks, etc.
Yeah, the mpg would suck, but I come from jeeps, so it's hard to get much worse than that, haha. I would really like to keep something that's FI, but I doubt 435hp would get boring anytime soon. Plus if I REALLY need more power, I can always get a bolt on supercharger and have 600hp on tap, lol.
Right now I am considering the S3, STI, Camaro, Focus RS, ATS-V, and maybe even a Hellcat. The STI or Focus RS would be a second car whereas the others would replace the GTI all together. I miss AWD and RWD too much.
As much as I enjoy my car, I'd have a hard time justifying going to anything really similar vs just keeping it, so I'd definitley have to go awd or rwd. And I've talked way to much shot about chevy to my friend who loves them to be caught in one, haha. I'd never live it down or hear the end of it.
that's what I'm also considering after I dump my mk7 in about 2 years. But no recaro seats as there's no seat heating or ventilated seats, but Performance pack for sure. Throw a roush axle back exhaust, drop it on springs and remove the clutch helper spring (which softens the clutch FYI) and that's all I need other than preventative/issue solving mods.

Also take a look at Camaro SS (current gen), it shares the same transmission as the Viper, CTS-V, Mustang GT350 or 500.
Got to be able to hear that v8 roar, otherwise, what's the point? No heated seats wouldn't bug me too much, doesn't get too cold where I am for extended periods. And if those Recaros are anything like the ones in my friends ST, there is no way I could live without them.
I too plan way advance into my future sometimes. At first I was stuck between the F80 M3 or an S4. But ultimately decided that I want my next car to be AWD - so it looks like I'm getting an S3 or S4 in the next 2-3 years.
I was toying with AWD for a while in the form of a bugeye wrx, but really want the ability to be an idiot and do donuts and burnouts, lol.
b9 S4 is gonna come out in MY17 btw. But i'd chose s4, because supercharged.
Can't go wrong with a supercharger, haha
Gt350 with flat plane crank and shifting at 8,250 rpm...really don't think I will be able to stop myself from buying one
Dear god those flat planes sound amazing, and 500+hp?!?!? Yes. Yes please.