GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Theoretical top speed...?

Hitch

2 Fast
Car(s)
MKV GTI '06
Stock

also got it at 168 mph but of course couldn't take the pic and nobody was around to do it for me "Stock"

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 2,325

AutoXinMK5

Touring Car Champion
Freek said:
Taken from VW specs for the GTI

Manual DSG
1st 3.36 3.46
2nd 2.09 2.15
3rd 1.47 1.46
4th 1.10 1.08
5th 1.11 1.09
6th 0.93 0.92
Reverse 3.99 3.99
Final I 3.94 4.06
Final II 3.09 3.14

Whats the deal with the final 1 and final 2?

Thanks for the numbers though.

AutoXinMK5

Touring Car Champion
I think i read somewhere that 5th and 6th used the 2nd final drive where 1-4 used the 1st final drive number right?

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
i have no idea whats with those....when i was looking at the #'s the other night i noticed it but i really didnt think anything of it

id be curious to know myself

AutoXinMK5

Touring Car Champion
Ok... well I'm gonna make a huge number chart using a 7000rpm redline for each tranny using the 1st final for 1-4 and the 2nd final for 5-6, I can always modify the thing later....

be back soon... haha

Edit: I need the actual damn formula to calculate this... there's a few online calculators, but to figure two different final drive ratio's I need the actual formula to do the math outside of a pre-made calculator that is set for only one final drive.

Last edited:

Deezz_Nuttz

What's a User Title?
I've gotten to 160mph in 6th at about 5700rpms still pulling hard and with a lot of room to keep going.

GIAC X-Chip and EvoMS Intake.
fyi: with the chip my redline has moved up to 7k rpm

AutoXinMK5

Touring Car Champion
Deezz_Nuttz said:
I've gotten to 160mph in 6th at about 5700rpms still pulling hard and with a lot of room to keep going.

GIAC X-Chip and EvoMS Intake.
fyi: with the chip my redline has moved up to 7k rpm

The theoretical top speed of the M/T tranny with a 3.09 final drive at 7k rpm is 181...

If it's the 3.94 final drive it's only 142, so I guess that proves that atleast the 6th gear uses a different final gear then the other 5 gears...

frank2287

Touring Car Newbie
well the U.S spec cars are actually limited at 140. and i have gotten my friends DSG with revo chip up to 160 mph. my car is stock and it pulls 140 like its nothing and does it fast so im guessing if i wanted with a good ship and tires i will come close to 170!!!

itisagoodname

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'08 G37S
Yeah, so has anyone actually hit the limit? I'd imagine there's a fuel cutoff at some point and i was told that it was limited to 130. But after today i dont believe it. I got on the freeway at the same time as an EVO MR and an M3 were going by tailing eachother so i decided to step on it and join the fun. The M3 eventually backed down but i stuck with the EVO from SF to San Jose, about 50 miles or so taking turns leading as we flew down the freeway. At one point i got next to him and signaled to step on it and to my surprise he didnt gain nearly as much on me as i thought he would from 80-120 he wasn't even a full carlength ahead. He slowed down first but i decided to keep it up. I looked down and saw i was at 140 then had to do a doubletake and i was pushing just over 150. I had no idea it was anywhere near that fast. I used to take my Corolla up to 120 all the time and that took balls!

AutoXinMK5

Touring Car Champion
trevor said:
like I said before

trevor said:
Guys, it's been done on a dyno. It's ~180mph

/thread

I never said you were wrong or doubted you. I wanted gear ratio's so I could see the numbers in each gear as well. But theoretical top speed is actually slightly different on the DSG tranny.

M/T - 181 (180.968)
DSG - 180 (180.022)

Close enough not to REALLY matter though.

I still want the exact formula for person records... heh

AutoXinMK5

Touring Car Champion
It's also slightly higher if running the 18's too.

M/T - 181.79 (compared to 180.96)
DSG - 180.84 (compared to 180.02)

Again, not enough of a difference to really matter

EL_3grab

Beast from Middle East
guys the speedo is off .. and the gap increase when you go higher and higher

150 speedo = 140 climate ... been there

please look to your climate at 19 for km or 19.01 for mph