GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The wife got a countryman

dibblet

Ready to race!
Well I haven't been in a 2011 GTI, but as far as my car. The lag on the system is ridiculous, a calculator is faster at processing info. Going back and forth from albums and artist is a major task. On her car it's nice and smooth and stays on track where you leave off. For example my car, say I'm searching through "rock" and I'm in a certain artist say "U2" but I want to back out and see my other artist choices. My car will send you all the way back to "A" while in her car while keep you in the order your currently in so the "U's"

Then the phone integration, phone book is imported, voice activation. It's really convenient.

That makes sense then, I HATE stating all the way over at AC/DC when I want to pick a new artist.

Still, it's not a big deal to me personally, I usually leave it on random all the time (although I sometimes skip a dozen tracks lol)

Thanks for the info guys

OverTimer1

Go Kart Champion
To a 2010, easily. For a 2011 comparison, who knows, but I do know my 08 BMW BT and ipod support is about on par with my 2011 GTI. I have heard of issues with the 2010 on both of these matters, which were rectified on the 2011.

2010 bt and iPod integration is crap. But it works I can't say the same about the 08 535 sitting in the driveway, god I hate that car.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Car(s)
MK7 R
I dont know about you guys, but both my phone and ipod work perfectly fine in my car, it used to be slow before the headunit update, but now, simply flawless.

Sent from my iPhone with typos.

APdubbin

Ready to race!
Doesn't look bad at all, good color choice man lol
Now.... all it needs is some coil overs lolol

Randum

Go Kart Champion
Looks good! Care to give a full impression of how it drives compared to the GTI? Maybe I can convince my wife

omgturbo!

Go Kart Champion
dont hate me, but i like the mini's white vs the vw white

im hoping its just a lighting issue

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Well I haven't been in a 2011 GTI, but as far as my car. The lag on the system is ridiculous, a calculator is faster at processing info. Going back and forth from albums and artist is a major task. On her car it's nice and smooth and stays on track where you leave off. For example my car, say I'm searching through "rock" and I'm in a certain artist say "U2" but I want to back out and see my other artist choices. My car will send you all the way back to "A" while in her car while keep you in the order your currently in so the "U's"

Then the phone integration, phone book is imported, voice activation. It's really convenient.

Looks good man! yeah, the 2011 is much improved over the 2010. Esp with the BT, I have no issues at all - syncs up each time I get in the car, Phone book auto transfers, etc. etc.

2010 bt and iPod integration is crap. But it works I can't say the same about the 08 535 sitting in the driveway, god I hate that car.

yep, 2011 was improved greatly, but the 2010 sounded rough, sorry man. haha, I woudln't want to drive a 535 either.. the new 535i though, different story, lol.

I dont know about you guys, but both my phone and ipod work perfectly fine in my car, it used to be slow before the headunit update, but now, simply flawless.

2011 or 2010?

RIP335

Go Kart Champion
That makes sense then, I HATE stating all the way over at AC/DC when I want to pick a new artist.

Still, it's not a big deal to me personally, I usually leave it on random all the time (although I sometimes skip a dozen tracks lol)

Thanks for the info guys

I have found that it's worse with the larger capacity iPods. My 8gb nano it reads a little bit quicker than my 32gb iPhone. But it does bother me, trying ro drive and make selections is a bitch. Bluetooth audio is good. But drains battery life.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Car(s)
MK7 R
Looks good man! yeah, the 2011 is much improved over the 2010. Esp with the BT, I have no issues at all - syncs up each time I get in the car, Phone book auto transfers, etc. etc.

yep, 2011 was improved greatly, but the 2010 sounded rough, sorry man. haha, I woudln't want to drive a 535 either.. the new 535i though, different story, lol.

2011 or 2010?

2010, sounds good enougg to me