GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Volkswagen assembly plant

Starfox92

Ready to race!
Car(s)
CW GTI 6 speed
Well that was fun.
I think I've seen something like this but I want to say it was on How Do They Do It or something like that.

Ferris

www.ferrisgti.com
Car(s)
2007 Golf GTI 3D TR
Been there, did the factory tour, think I missed a few of those parts....

I'm heading to Europe soon, and while in Germany hope to visit Wolfsburg and do the VW tour, visit the autostadt etc. Just wondering- did you have to pre-book the tour, or did you just turn up and pay on the day? Is the tour run regularly throughout the day, or only at a few specific times? Oh, and lastly did you enjoy it? Cheers.

Last edited:

Booba

Ready to race!
So Precise yet so many rattles. I can't talk, mine was built in South Africa.

REDMKVGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I'm heading to Europe soon, and while in Germany hope to visit Wolfsburg and do the VW tour, visit the autostadt etc. Just wondering- did you have to pre-book the tour, or did you just turn up and pay on the day? Is the tour run regularly throughout the day, or only at a few specific times? Oh, and lastly did you enjoy it? Cheers.

You can just rock up on the day, but I come from a largely German family so I had it organised before I got there. Probably not worth the trouble of pre-booking, however worth noting I was not there in the peak season.

Tours run all through the day, I think it's hourly, but the English ones are a bit limited, when I was there I think they only had one or two a day.

Lastly, on Autostadt, I frikin loved it!

I also wouldn't spend more than the day in Wolfsburg unless you plan to get a rental car. If I went again, I think I'd aim to arrive late one day, crash in a motel nearby, go to Autostadt first thing, and get on one of the last trains out.

I'd be looking into the Mercedes and Porsche museums as well if I were you, both were awesome and Stuttgart is worth a day or two to wander around if you've got time. I got screwed on the Porsche factory tour, had it pre-booked (which is important apparently), obviously just not meant to be...

Haven't done BMW but I will next time.

Ferris

www.ferrisgti.com
Car(s)
2007 Golf GTI 3D TR
Thanks REDMKVGTI, your info really helps. Sounds like we will be visiting there for sure when we are in Germany! Probably just do a day trip on the train from Berlin, since we've already booked our accommodation. Thanks again!

REDMKVGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Thanks REDMKVGTI, your info really helps. Sounds like we will be visiting there for sure when we are in Germany! Probably just do a day trip on the train from Berlin, since we've already booked our accommodation. Thanks again!

Easy trip, and you really can't miss the VW factory from the train station...

This pic taken from the train station platform...

(realised this afternoon that the factory in that slideshow is probably the factory in Dresden).

TDI_DSG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK5
i have a collection of movies (about an hr long each) that detail the making of Ferrari, lambo,
Audi R8, Porsche, Rolls Royce, BMW and the Chevy Z06.

they were very interesting and revealing in just how a modern car is assembled.

Jason.

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik

I think you may need to try and pre-book for an English language tour.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

Logzy

Ready to race!
zip file is invalid. wont open with win 7 or 7zip

TDI_DSG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK5
did you try re downloading it ?

maybe the download was corrupted.
it worked fine for me (and im sure the others that have already commented on it)

Jason.