GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The ULTIMATE Workout Thread

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Starting Diet today.......had no motivation yesterday. I dont have any preworkout so I made a PWO shake consisting of:
1) Almond Milk
2) Whey Protein
3) Oats (No Powder)
4) 5g of Creatine powder

Worked really well for what it was. I wanted to crush some coffee beans in it, but I figured I would take a week off from stimulants before my Assault (Orange Mango) comes in from Amazon.

Today's Meals:
Meal 1:
2 Boiled eggs
1 Lean Pork Slice (~2oz) fat cut off
Half a Medium Bell Pepper
1/4 of a medium Onion
1 Slice of sharp cheddar cheese :)

Meal 2:
6oz Boiled Chicken
1/4 Onion
1Tbsp Olive Oil
Crushed Clove of Garlic
1/2 Tomato
1/2 Cucumber
1 Serving of Almonds (unsalted)

Meal 3:
Grilled Chicken Kabobs
Almonds
LOTS of Veggies

Meal 4:
Whipped Cream (Non Fat 2g of carbs (1g of sugar))
Strawberries and Blueberries ~(1/4 cup)
2Tbsp Cottage Cheese
Walnuts

Thoughts?

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Try a half scoop.....too much could be ur explosive poo

I take assualt as well (only three times a week before I lift, never before runs or other activities). I find that a full scoop makes me feel a little sick to my stomach. I find that about 1/2-3/4 of a scoop is perfect for me. Make sure you drink a lot of water as well! I'm sure once you get more used to working out it'll feel better.

xGaspy

Go Kart Champion
^ Sounds delicious, sans the cottage cheese (I wish so bad I could learn to like it) and the fruit (because I'm allergic, fml)

Have you had the Orange Mango Assault yet? It's so good, so good in fact that it's actually a pleasure to drink, like you're cheating and drinking something whoa not good for you, haha.

I need to get my diet in check. I have come in under my Calorie Intake for the past 2 days, via MyFitnessPal. But I'm nervous of both under and over eating for the weight loss cycle. My goal intake is 1940 per day with the setting of losing 2lbs/week. Day 1 I came in at 1405 and Day 2 was 1562, not included calories burned during workout.

I take assualt as well (only three times a week before I lift, never before runs or other activities). I find that a full scoop makes me feel a little sick to my stomach. I find that about 1/2-3/4 of a scoop is perfect for me. Make sure you drink a lot of water as well! I'm sure once you get more used to working out it'll feel better.

Yeah I agree, my body is getting used to a lot of changes right now so I think some discomforts should be expected. Thanks guys.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI

I think 1/2 a scoop is the reccommended dosage. Its about 125-150g of caffeine too.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
^ Sounds delicious, sans the cottage cheese (I wish so bad I could learn to like it) and the fruit (because I'm allergic, fml)

OMG Cottage cheese is the miracle dairy. It'll actually EAT cellulite away and has that reverse fat burning deal. Its amazing!

As for the fruit allergy....that SUCKS. What exactly is it that your allergic to?

Have you had the Orange Mango Assault yet? It's so good, so good in fact that it's actually a pleasure to drink, like you're cheating and drinking something whoa not good for you, haha.

I have not tried it yet. I was very fond of the fruit punch and HATED the Blue Rasberry....definitely tasted like a tin can with fake flavoring.

xGaspy

Go Kart Champion
OMG Cottage cheese is the miracle dairy. It'll actually EAT cellulite away and has that reverse fat burning deal. Its amazing!

As for the fruit allergy....that SUCKS. What exactly is it that your allergic to?

I have not tried it yet. I was very fond of the fruit punch and HATED the Blue Rasberry....definitely tasted like a tin can with fake flavoring.

My fruit allergy has always confused me.. I can have all citrus fruits with no issues, so I try and eat a lot of them. But everything else messes me up bad in the throat swelling department. Most especially anything from the melon family, apples, SOMEtimes bananas, etc.

But the weirdest thing is I can have fruit juices and COOKED fruit, no problem. If I eat a raw apple, it's bad news. If I eat some cooked apples and cinnamon it's all good. So at first I thought it was maybe pesticides or something, so I tried Organic, but it was the same result.

As for the Orange Mango Assault, you'll love it. Good looking out with the Blue Razz, I was gunna get that one next go around. I've got a tub of Re-Con Fruit Punch on the way, so I'll be trying that tonight.

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
Sounding good folks.

I use a 1/2 scoop of assault preworkout

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
As for the Orange Mango Assault, you'll love it. Good looking out with the Blue Razz, I was gunna get that one next go around. I've got a tub of Re-Con Fruit Punch on the way, so I'll be trying that tonight.

I dont actually know what Re-Con is...I saw it when I was browsing their products...but is it just a creatine and/or NO supplement?

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
Meal 4:
2Tbsp Cottage Cheese
Walnuts

Thoughts?

Try balsamic either plain or reduce it down a bit to a glaze on the fruit (if you like balsamic).. sounds weird but its good especially if you get some of those frozen berry packs from the store defrost them partially, its kind of like a weird sherbert. Carbs/sugar are close to the whip cream and calories on both for say a tbsp are negligible.

To get some variety with your almonds try making some almond bread. Surprisingly you can get almond meal from trader joes for cheaper then whole raw almonds themselves. I actually still never found almonds in bulk cheaper then what they charge for the meal, so grinding it yourself isn't even worth it. Its got the skin and it isn't as fine as some of the other almond flours you might find but it's good. The almond flour you might find in the health section of a normal grocery store is usually 4X as much and not worth it imho. Bed bath and beyond has little like 2X2.5X6 bread pans which work well so you can cook it through without burning the outside.

The almond flour/meal also works great for like banana or pumpkin muffins.

Almond flour mixed with some egg and coconut flakes taste like french toast :).. I tend to use the lightly sweetened since i'm not so much a carb counter which I think helps a bit with the flavor, unsweetened with some agave syrup as a cheat is also good. I cook it in coconut oil.. find the cheap stuff in the cooking section not the 10X as much in the health section. I found this out by mistake when I was making some almond flour /coconut breaded chicken. I had left over breading and egg so I mixed it into like a pancake and tossed it in the pan, we liked it better then the chicken.

Shits so versatile. Sorry saw you having almonds with every meal and figured I'd mention some ways to mix it up..

Jaxper

Go Kart Champion
Starting Diet today.......had no motivation yesterday. I dont have any preworkout so I made a PWO shake consisting of:
1) Almond Milk
2) Whey Protein
3) Oats (No Powder)
4) 5g of Creatine powder

Worked really well for what it was. I wanted to crush some coffee beans in it, but I figured I would take a week off from stimulants before my Assault (Orange Mango) comes in from Amazon.

Today's Meals:
Meal 1:
2 Boiled eggs
1 Lean Pork Slice (~2oz) fat cut off
Half a Medium Bell Pepper
1/4 of a medium Onion
1 Slice of sharp cheddar cheese :)

Meal 2:
6oz Boiled Chicken
1/4 Onion
1Tbsp Olive Oil
Crushed Clove of Garlic
1/2 Tomato
1/2 Cucumber
1 Serving of Almonds (unsalted)

Meal 3:
Grilled Chicken Kabobs
Almonds
LOTS of Veggies

Meal 4:
2Tbsp Cottage Cheese
Walnuts

Thoughts?

Looks like a great meal plan to me! Hitting everything from the looks of it.
I wish I had the resources/time to put a day of meals together like this.

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
Recon is their recovery mix. Its like that karbolyn stuff discussed earlier. Basically a carb matrix and some other essentials to speed amino/protein delivery to muscles. It has dextrose and something else in it.

The more ive read on the karbolyn and the recon, i think its good post workout with your whey, but i still personally wouldnt use it outside of post workout/just for carb intake.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Not a bad idea! It might actually be cheaper in the long run to do something like that. Nuts (Walnuts, Pecans, and Almonds especially) are EXPENSIVE.

It'll almost trick my mind to say (Hey....you have bread...but not really)

As for the Balsamic....that's iffy. I'll give it a try, but vinegar + sweet to me doesnt seem too good.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Recon is their recovery mix. Its like that karbolyn stuff discussed earlier. Basically a carb matrix and some other essentials to speed amino/protein delivery to muscles. It has dextrose and something else in it.

The more ive read on the karbolyn and the recon, i think its good post workout with your whey, but i still personally wouldnt use it outside of post workout/just for carb intake.

Interesting.

My meal plan mentions a recovery drink as long as its 2:1 Protein to carb ratio. Might have to do this.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG
http://www.thewannabechef.net/2012/06/04/almond-flour-banana-bread/