GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The ULTIMATE Workout Thread

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
thanks for everyone's feedback, i know guys like me and Gaspy are definitely appreciative of the advice on here.

When I was intially 290lbs about 10 years ago, then down to 175 or so, I did mostly cardio first to lose the weight as said above, then started doing more weight training to tone and add some slight mass (im already pretty big in the chest and shoulders), but I was at the top of my game at the time and now I've fallen down to 250lbs :( and I'm only about 5'10", so its not very good...

Today I will be taking a rest day and tomorrow I need to see if i will run again or do some biking and ellyptical and more core stuff, as my left knee is a little tweaked from yesterday.

I think i have an insanity disc somewhere in my house - i really need to try it.

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
A proper balance of diet, exercise and recovery can result in simultaneous gains in muscle mass and fat loss.

For quicker weight loss or for quicker gains in mass generally one vs the other is required.

There is no right way for everyone. Big for you may not be the same as the next guy, need to find your balance. The only way you can figure that out is try different things no one can tell you what will work for you simply based on what worked for them.

mattyICED

Ready to race!
For the Gurus:

If my main goal is to not only weight loss but also getting big is there a specific way to combine to the two? Or is it more of a lose the weight, THEN pack on mass and do a cutting cycle? I know I've just started this journey but I can't stop reading and I already just feel great about making the jump, to make this a way of life. Not just some overzealous diet/crap.

So I wanna do everything the right way and get max results.

You'll see better results if you drop your body fat % first then bulk.

thanks for everyone's feedback, i know guys like me and Gaspy are definitely appreciative of the advice on here.

When I was intially 290lbs about 10 years ago, then down to 175 or so, I did mostly cardio first to lose the weight as said above, then started doing more weight training to tone and add some slight mass (im already pretty big in the chest and shoulders), but I was at the top of my game at the time and now I've fallen down to 250lbs :( and I'm only about 5'10", so its not very good...

Today I will be taking a rest day and tomorrow I need to see if i will run again or do some biking and ellyptical and more core stuff, as my left knee is a little tweaked from yesterday.

I think i have an insanity disc somewhere in my house - i really need to try it.

+1 for Insanity, beats running on a treadmill.

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
IIRC the infomercial for insanity went something like this

if u like working out in a pool of sweat a shamwow can't handle, this program is for you

xGaspy

Go Kart Champion

Yes! Very much so. It actually really means a lot.

Ok, sounds good fellas, I will concentrate on getting to my goal weight first then work on the bulk/cut cycles to get "big". My big isn't gorilla massive or out of perportioned huge, but more like barrel chested, big obviously strong arms, etc. I guess your "typical" fit strong physique. I wish I could describe it better, but I hope you guys understand what I mean.

I gotta say again too that I just think it's rad as fuck that a forum full of virtual complete strangers can support & inspire one another. Bravo to everyone involved.

joeeee

Ready to race!
worked on my squat cleans and push jerks yesterday with our crossfits oly lift coach.

4x5 @85% 1RM = 125lbs

then

3x4 push jerks @125/125/135

hvltg

Ready to race!
A proper balance of diet, exercise and recovery can result in simultaneous gains in muscle mass and fat loss.

For quicker weight loss or for quicker gains in mass generally one vs the other is required.

There is no right way for everyone. Big for you may not be the same as the next guy, need to find your balance. The only way you can figure that out is try different things no one can tell you what will work for you simply based on what worked for them.

well put man!

gotta figure out your body needs & see how it reacts to different diet and exercises...

"Big for you may not be the same as the next guy" so true!

Jaxper

Go Kart Champion
For the Gurus:

If my main goal is to not only weight loss but also getting big is there a specific way to combine to the two? Or is it more of a lose the weight, THEN pack on mass and do a cutting cycle? I know I've just started this journey but I can't stop reading and I already just feel great about making the jump, to make this a way of life. Not just some overzealous diet/crap.

So I wanna do everything the right way and get max results.

As Chris says in the quote below, it's not the same for everyone so results may vary for you to some other guy. The bolded part is key.

Also in terms of the underlined part, I haven't researched it too in depth, but I've read that there are some cardio exercises (ie incline walking at a certain speed) that targets fat burning. That going hand in hand with weight lifting might give you the desired results, but as I've said, I haven't researched it too much so it may be something to look into if that's what you desire. :iono:

Just don't get overzealous with the diet because if you're at too large of a caloric deficit, your body will start to eat at the muscle in order to feed itself which is a no-no for the results that you want to achieve. Shoot for a 300-500 caloric deficit per day, based on the maintenance that you get for your current weight.

:thumbsup:

xGaspy

Go Kart Champion
As Chris says in the quote below, it's not the same for everyone so results may vary for you to some other guy. The bolded part is key.

Also in terms of the underlined part, I haven't researched it too in depth, but I've read that there are some cardio exercises (ie incline walking at a certain speed) that targets fat burning. That going hand in hand with weight lifting might give you the desired results, but as I've said, I haven't researched it too much so it may be something to look into if that's what you desire. :iono:

Just don't get overzealous with the diet because if you're at too large of a caloric deficit, your body will start to eat at the muscle in order to feed itself which is a no-no for the results that you want to achieve. Shoot for a 300-500 caloric deficit per day, based on the maintenance that you get for your current weight.

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Heard that.

I'm not in any rush, since I wanna do this the right way. I was just curious if there was a method I didn't know of, just making sure I'm taking the right steps in the right direction.

The MyFitnessPal app is a lifesaver and so easy to use. It's really the perfect motivator by itself, gives you real time numbers and instant feedback, which is awesome. Right now I'm going 5 days a week and running at least 3 miles or 30 minutes straight on the eliptical and doing a lifting routine on M-W-F. Keeping a clean diet and with MyFitnessPal judging by weight, age, 2lbs per week of weightloss gives me real time goals and a calorie goal for each day and tracks my progress when I enter in my meals. Technology, fuck yeah!

Time to mix up my MP Assault and head to the gym! Thanks guys.

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
Siiigh. The reality of being at work and working by 6 means that I have to get up at 4 to get workout 1 in. 4.25mi of HIIT @ 10mph +incline... done....back to the gym this afternoon to get smashed again....and again tonight

Hopefully o can get in bed by 8-830 tonight :)

xGaspy

Go Kart Champion
Gym kicked my ass yesterday. The first 10 minutes of running I was like ughhh but then something kicked it and I smashed it! 3.15 miles in 30 minutes for day #2. Feels good.

Sweat was pouring off, such a good feeling. Then it was Biceps/Triceps and then 1/2 way through biceps I was interuppted by an explosion tidal wave shits and just felt kind of awful for the rest of the day, but I got through it.

Didn't sleep well either, I'm dragging ass this morning but looking forward to getting home and headed to the gym. Oh misery, I will beat you!

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
How much assault are you mixing up?

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
Try a half scoop.....too much could be ur explosive poo