GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Ultimate 2.0T PCV Fix?

Tempted2Speed

is cooler than you
Car(s)
2007 GTI CW 6MT
http://deviantspeed.com/the-ultimate-20t-pcv-fix

Dont know if this is a repost, and dont know if this is a legit fix. I want to fix the pcv issues and blow by gases and crap without paying 250 for a can.

Lets get a discussion going here, Im seeing more and morem embers in need of a cheap PCV fix but half of us dont know how this stuff works.

madmortar

lalala I sing for you
Car(s)
08 GTi
looks ugly IMO...just get the BSH block off plate...you can find them pretty cheap used.

in that link i showed u from vortex by Saaber2. use the block off plate, than reroute your rear pcv to an exhaust hole tapped in, and u're golden.

Zack

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2007 GTI
you can buy the revision pcv system. its not as expensive as a catch can only like 45 bucks after shipping on ecstuning.com.

GTIWV

WV VW
Ok but after installing the block off plate, where does the blow by drain to?

the exact same place is does as it does in the link you posted.

It just blows back into the valve cover and through the rear PCV.

Dude, your driving a 20k+ car, dont be cheap. just buy a catch can.

you can get the 42dd PCV plate and a intake manifold plug for like 115 shipped. Then just buy a catch can and some hose.

Or buy a used catch can set up for 200.

saucer

Leadfoot
Car(s)
08 GTI
I've got a VTA catch can but the smell is killing me. I plan on going with saaber2's fix within the next couple of months.

Zack

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2007 GTI
the exact same place is does as it does in the link you posted.

It just blows back into the valve cover and through the rear PCV.

Dude, your driving a 20k+ car, dont be cheap. just buy a catch can.

you can get the 42dd PCV plate and a intake manifold plug for like 115 shipped. Then just buy a catch can and some hose.

Or buy a used catch can set up for 200.
:thumbsup: I agree. you should probably just spend the money and get a catch can. I love my BSH catch can.

saucer

Leadfoot
Car(s)
08 GTI
It's good to eliminate the carbon build up, but the smell is enough to deter me. Inhaling any of that isn't good for your health.

Maybe I'll be less annoyed when it warms up, but it's hard to keep the windows free of fog with the recirc on, so I'm constantly keeping my sunroof cracked.

Anyone that says the smell isn't that bad must be a cokehead. Anytime I come to a stop w/o the recirc on or get back into my car and start it up while it's hot, the cabin is filled with fumes that take a minute to clear out. I can also see the stuff billowing out from under my hood at stoplights. I'm terrified it's gonna discolor my paint. Yeah, I do NOT want to be breathing this shit.

It's not worth the trouble imo when I can go with a cheaper solution than a $200 can that stinks and probably get better results for my valves. As other people have mentioned, the mod companies should build a kit similar to saaber2's and sell a rez delete or downpipe with the nipple already welded in. Until then, I'm gonna DIY the fuck outta this shitty PCV! :thumbsup:

h0ckeyfreek20

Go Kart Champion
Maybe I'll be less annoyed when it warms up, but it's hard to keep the windows free of fog with the recirc on, so I'm constantly keeping my sunroof cracked.

Anyone that says the smell isn't that bad must be a cokehead. Anytime I come to a stop w/o the recirc on or get back into my car and start it up while it's hot, the cabin is filled with fumes that take a minute to clear out. I can also see the stuff billowing out from under my hood at stoplights. I'm terrified it's gonna discolor my paint. Yeah, I do NOT want to be breathing this shit.

It's not worth the trouble imo when I can go with a cheaper solution than a $200 can that stinks and probably get better results for my valves. As other people have mentioned, the mod companies should build a kit similar to saaber2's and sell a rez delete or downpipe with the nipple already welded in. Until then, I'm gonna DIY the fuck outta this shitty PCV! :thumbsup:

hahah yea gotta love the VTA can.

i get weird looks all the time about why there's "exhaust" fumes leaking out the hood of my car