GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Travel Thread - Where have you been?

How many countries have you been to?

• Total voters

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
Been all over the US for work (NYC, Philly, Charlotte, Raleigh, Atlanta, Chicago, LA, San Francisco, Honolulu, KC, St Louis, Tulsa, Birmingham, Miami, Montana, New Orleans, Denver, Nashville). Outside the US, been to Denmark, Netherlands, Sweden, Spain, the UK, Morocco, Thailand, and BVIs.

Was supposed to do the Newport (RI) to Bermuda Race this year but it was cancelled due to COVID. Next stop Tulum, Mexico in Oct and the Maldives in January for vacation. Want to do more exploring in the Asian Pacific; Japan would be awesome.

(R)Rated

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Not many people have that one on their list. Any interesting stories to tell?

It was hella cold... Like -40* F cold. The moisture from my nose was freezing on my face and mask lol. It also took forever to get there underwater hahaha.

546034_498681640143459_552827238_n.jpg

304685_498681446810145_1578161502_n.jpg

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
Never been out of the U.S. (flying over Canada doesn't count). I did live in Alaska for 7 years...that was sort of like another country. :p

vjmvjm

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S DSG PP
Hope that in half a year I will also be able to share my pics here from the trip to Barcelona. Due to different restrictions it was the 3rd time I had cancelled my trip and that is disappointing :(
P.S. The pictures from your trips are really great! :cool:
Barcelona is a great, very walkable city. La Rambla is a great street / boulevard. Start at the waterfront, and walk away from the water until the prices in the open air restaurants decline to a reasonable level. The further you walk, the prices go down and the quality goes up!

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Great thread.

I have seen a good portion of the eastern seaboard by car. We have done Ireland and the Netherlands. Both incredible trips. Belgium is next on the list and we want to do about 10 days in Germany. I would love to do Prague and Japan one day as well. I wish I had traveled more when I was younger.

1990rette

Car(s)
2007 Volkswagen Gti
The majority of the countries that I visit over the past few years are in Asia:

Singapore
Hong Kong
Bali, Indonesia
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Bangkok, Thailand
Japan ( I am planning to go back next year, hopefully, the pandemic is over by then.)
Philippines

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
All over Europe, North America, North Africa - have not been to Asia, Australia or "deep" Africa.

vjmvjm

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S DSG PP
Great thread.

I have seen a good portion of the eastern seaboard by car. We have done Ireland and the Netherlands. Both incredible trips. Belgium is next on the list and we want to do about 10 days in Germany. I would love to do Prague and Japan one day as well. I wish I had traveled more when I was younger.
Prague is nice, but I prefer Budapest and Krakow (cities with a similar vibe). Go to Vienna to see the neat-freak Austrians. Japan is on my bucket list, maybe Egypt in 2023.