GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Tech Behind the New FrankenTurbo MixedFlow F23T Hybrid Turbocharger

doug@frankenturbo

Turbos Galore
Car(s)
Gary Fisher HiFi

Introducing the new FrankenTurbo F23T hybrid turbocharger. Now featuring a State-of-the-Art Mixed Flow turbine rotor, the F23T is even more responsive & even more powerful. The technology behind our MixedFlow rotor increases the efficiencies of exhaust gases entering the turbine, advancing spool and raising the maximum flow capacity of the turbocharger. Combining the attributes of radial and axial turbines, this "mixed" inlet design delivers responsiveness at slow exhaust gas speeds and reduced exhaust gas temperatures at peak power.

The cutting edge design of this rotor is unmatched by any hybrid turbocharger manufacturer. It allows a substantial 10% increase in compressor airflow with no penalty in the form of back-pressures or EGTs:

What does that added airflow translate to? Power, and lots of it. Here is a comparison on the dyno:

The F23T is supported on the FSI Mk5 motors exclusively by Eurodyne. For more information please follow this link to its product page:

http://frankenturbo.com/new/F23T.html

Or feel free to contact us with your questions by email: sales@frankenturbo.com

Thanks,

Doug Harper
FrankenTurbo

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
Will this new turbine be included with all newly sold F23T's and included with the old price?

GTIfox101

Ready to race!
Will be buying one of these bad boys soon. Summer can't come soon enough. Though it is starting to finally warm up here in IL.

Zach L

VR junkie
I suspect the affect is one of envy.

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
question, how does this affect previous customers who received the old turbine rotor?

Envy would be my guess, the first design works fine, this works better, that´s all, i have the old one btw.

doug@frankenturbo

Turbos Galore
Car(s)
Gary Fisher HiFi
Damn!!! That's impressive! Was that on a stock motor? And also curious if you guys have worked out the quirky wastegates, I heard of some issues with crazy boost spikes and the need to run a manual or electronic boost controller.

That car has a built bottom end and upgraded cylinder head valve-train. As for our actuators, really all we've done is set them up with reduced preload on their springs. Since doing that the turbos are very responsive to boost commands. And that's the case not only with Eurodyne software but with K04 software as well.

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
As for our actuators, really all we've done is set them up with reduced preload on their springs. Since doing that the turbos are very responsive to boost commands. And that's the case not only with Eurodyne software but with K04 software as well.

So is it safe to say that the new F23T's should play nicely with most K04 tunes when coupled with an mbc?

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
You should not need an MBC with proper software