GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Poor Mans Mod Page

omgwtfbbq!

Actually has a MKV now!
Car(s)
Jetta TDI Cup Editio
When your car has been on the top ten list of stolen cars since it was manufactured, you learn some nifty anti-theft tricks. ;)

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
Best)
The fuel pump switch is really easy and can be done tastefully under $20 with a fancy switch to hide under the dash. Just a switch, wire and couple wire splices. I did this on my MK1 Rabbit.
Cheapest)
Or if you want to go the cheapest rout, you could always disconnect the battery every time you leave the car at home, and just connect it again before you get in the car, requires one tool, but the downsides are that everything will reset, but the thief will most likely not find the problem
Most expensive)
APR sells a theft prevention mode for the GTI where you put in a code to start the car, its expensive, but most convienient.

theholycow

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1980 Buick LeSabre
Cheapest)
Or if you want to go the cheapest rout, you could always disconnect the battery every time you leave the car at home, and just connect it again before you get in the car, requires one tool, but the downsides are that everything will reset, but the thief will most likely not find the problem

I think you can get a battery disconnect switch at WalMart for ~$5.

If you're willing to turn a wrench to disable the car, is the starter hard to reach?

I like the fuel pump or clutch kill switch best, though.

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
Yeah I like the FP cutoff switch best, if you disconnect the battery, everything resets, like your tripometer, clock, ect. That would seem annoying every time I wanted to park at home.

HipToss

Behind the iron sights
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Best)
The fuel pump switch is really easy and can be done tastefully under $20 with a fancy switch to hide under the dash. Just a switch, wire and couple wire splices. I did this on my MK1 Rabbit.
Cheapest)
Most expensive)
APR sells a theft prevention mode for the GTI where you put in a code to start the car, its expensive, but most convienient.

DIY?

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
Heres another DIY I want to know if anyone has any ideas. Im a taller guy, about 6'2", and I want to make my seat lower, about an inch lower, and ideas?

theholycow

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1980 Buick LeSabre
Heres another DIY I want to know if anyone has any ideas. Im a taller guy, about 6'2", and I want to make my seat lower, about an inch lower, and ideas?

I am THE photoshop master...

:thumbsup: :biggrin:

Last edited:

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
I am THE photoshop master...

:thumbsup: :biggrin:

Lol, thats awesome. Im not sure it would give the cushion my ass needs though.
BTW, what seats are those? I really like those. I paid for leather from the factory but the dealer is lagging on reupholstering them, when they do I'd really like something like that, with the plaid in the center but leather everywhere else.

theholycow

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1980 Buick LeSabre
No idea...I just did a google image search for gti interior or something like that and took the first one that looked like I could hack out the seat bottom in paint.net...

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
I'll figure it out.
I'd only be looking for a 1" -1 1/2" drop of the seat anyway.

07Noside

Banned
Lol, thats awesome. Im not sure it would give the cushion my ass needs though.
BTW, what seats are those? I really like those. I paid for leather from the factory but the dealer is lagging on reupholstering them, when they do I'd really like something like that, with the plaid in the center but leather everywhere else.

its standard in the EU ED30 model.

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~