GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Polo R: The Next VW We Want and Can't Have

CFG9000

Ready to race!
http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2012/10/volkswagen-scorching-hot-polo-r-with-20.html

The Polo R will be powered by the 2.0-liter turbocharged petrol engine found in the outgoing Golf GTI Mk6 (among other cars, that is), rated in this application at 217-horsepower (220PS), or 10-horsepower more than the compact hatch.

An upgraded chassis that will include a mechanical limited-slip differential, along with the usual aero and styling parts, will round out the package.

:drool:

good news for us, that means our engine will remain in production, as will parts

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Too small and ugly.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Had the Polo GTI been sold in the US I would have chosen it over the Golf GTI. I like the tight proportions of the Polo. Small on the outside, enough room on the inside. Add some performance and it's perfect (for me).

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Had the Polo GTI been sold in the US I would have chosen it over the Golf GTI. I like the tight proportions of the Polo. Small on the outside, enough room on the inside. Add some performance and it's perfect (for me).

Agreed. I was originally going to buy a Sonic which is closer to the Polo in size, but couldn't deal with the lack of performance.