GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Petition To Reinstate Jeremy Clarkson

fredf

Go Kart Champion
I cannot believe this thread.
I have no idea as to the real story behind the scenes. However Clarkson is accused of assaulting someone on the set.

And you go and start a thread to re-instate him? You say it's a matter of 'free speech' even though you later said you never said it was?

I like watching both the show and Jeremy. But if we claim free speech as a defence for assaulting someone then we are all in trouble. BBC never said he was canned for on show comments. Now maybe they are being disingenuous, I don't know.

But as it stands now, there is no way I'm rushing to defend someone accused of ill behaviour.

AntGTD

Passed Driver's Ed
Top Gear used to be (about 5 years ago) informative and fun auto journalism and i honestly enjoyed watching it. Wind the clock forward and it is getting a bit tired with predictable slap stick humour and less good stuff. Oh look, weekend in a caravan which comically catches fire.

Its not a crap programme just nowhere near good as it used to be, while this may be okay for the shifting demegraphic, i no longer watch it.

Tech72

Ready to race!
"You're not you when you're hungry"

10411119_406403226187242_1511848804908524992_n.jpg

I cannot believe this thread.
I have no idea as to the real story behind the scenes. However Clarkson is accused of assaulting someone on the set.

And you go and start a thread to re-instate him? You say it's a matter of 'free speech' even though you later said you never said it was?

I like watching both the show and Jeremy. But if we claim free speech as a defence for assaulting someone then we are all in trouble. BBC never said he was canned for on show comments. Now maybe they are being disingenuous, I don't know.

But as it stands now, there is no way I'm rushing to defend someone accused of ill behaviour.

Assault would imply that the "thrown punch" actually landed. No one was actually struck. Therefore, no one was assaulted. Since no one here knows the actual events leading up the the incident, or the circumstances surrounding it, you cannot blame a person, or people for speaking up and supporting their beloved star. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but don't for a minute try to justify their opinion as inferior to yours.

Taiso0019

Ready to race!
I don't think he's trying to undermine anyone's opinion. He's just questioning the fact that people are so ready to defend him for acting like a twat just because he's Jeremy Clarkson...even tho no one even knows what really happened.

In other words no one should rush to make petition or to condemn the man before they know what happened...

fredf

Go Kart Champion
I don't think he's trying to undermine anyone's opinion. He's just questioning the fact that people are so ready to defend him for acting like a twat just because he's Jeremy Clarkson...even tho no one even knows what really happened.

In other words no one should rush to make petition or to condemn the man before they know what happened...

Thank you. That's exactly what I meant.

FocalPoint is not quite the clear thinker he believes he is.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
So how is that petition going for Lord Jeremy?

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Any enemy of Piers Morgan is A OK in my book... even if he tried to punch someone over a steak... we've all had those moments were someone had just struck that last nerve.

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
Bye to my favorite show. So many good memories as a kid watching it with my dad on monday nights.

The three of them should start their own show, there have to be a ton of channels that would be willing to host it.